diy solar

diy solar

Solar panels in parallel not working

jim furlong

I have 4 panels I'm trying to connect to my bluetti ac200, 2S2P I have them in a east and west array the 2 east are in series and the 2 west in series then connect Ed then in parallel using a branch connector. I measure 90v between the two leads but when I connect them to extension cables to connect to the ac200 I'm not getting any voltage on the other side.... The cables work as I use them with 2 panels in series. I can't figure out why I get the 90v before the extension and not after. I hope I explained this well enough to figure out what I have going on.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thx

Sounds like maybe a bad connection to one (or both) of the branch connectors. Are these all MC4? I've had some inexpensive pre-made cables have loose pins within the housing that prevented good contact. You can get a good reading from your meter cuz you're certain to get the probe on the pin. When snapping the connectors together, if you don't make contact, no volts on the other side of the extension cable.

any progress on this ? i have the similar problem..... multimeter measures zero on panels test

I ended up using a different MC 4 y branch connector and that seems to have solved the problem.

Back