diy solar

diy solar

Solar panels morning shade

Fahmula

I have 20 Canadian CS1U-400 solar panels for a total of 8kw and a Deye 8kw all in one unit.
This is solar setup is at my vacation/rental property in another country which I will be visiting in two weeks.

For the strings, I did 6p on the back of the house (east) for a total of 2.4kw and 7s2p on the south side for 5.6kw which gets shaded by the attic in the morning time until around 9-10am.

I was wondering if there's anything I should or could do about the situation.
My current plan is to separate the two 7s strings to each of the MPPT's and compare them once the shadow is only covering panels from one string to see how much is being lost.

Pictures of the panels are attach. They were taking in April at 7am.

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1384.jpeg
    IMG_1384.jpeg
    430.1 KB · Views: 13
I would tend to just leave it. Best case I see would be to identify the first seven panels that get 100% full sun and put those in a series string and let the remaining panels sleep for a few more minutes each morning.

I would tend to just leave it. Best case I see would be to identify the first seven panels that get 100% full sun and put those in a series string and let the remaining panels sleep for a few more minutes each morning.

That's basically the set up I have now. Though they are both parallel.

Back