diy solar

diy solar

Solar Panels - mounting brackets and conduit

Georgia DIY Solar

Looking for brackets to use for attaching standard rigid 100 watt panels. The peaks in the panels are not vertical enough to use the clamp type I see in you tube. I assume I would need a clamp that installs on the peak, with self tapping screws. Also to protect the solar panel wires, I need to run conduit thru the roof and a metal under ceiling a foot or so under the roofing. This is a roof over a open air deck, not over living area.
Thanks
Bruce

IMG_20200521_164711350_HDR.jpg

I used the Solar foot to attach rails to my exposed fastener metal roof. https://s-5.com/products/clamps-brackets/solarfoot/ It installs on the flats, have not had any issues yet.!
Those look real good. Did you just mount them to the roof panel or did you mount them to the roof beams? We're going to be installing panels on one of our apartment buildings that has a nearly flat metal roof, those look like the perfect thing but I think I'd probably need to mount them to the beams because of the typhoons we get here. That's about it. the dog

Those look real good. Did you just mount them to the roof panel or did you mount them to the roof beams? We're going to be installing panels on one of our apartment buildings that has a nearly flat metal roof, those look like the perfect thing but I think I'd probably need to mount them to the beams because of the typhoons we get here. That's about it. the dog
I just mounted them straight to the roofing, I have one inch thick sheathing so the screws went right into that, and wouldn't have pernitrate much into the rafters anyway. Plus trying to hit those suckers blind would have been beyond my skill level. for whatever it is worth I then bolted unistrut to the foot as a rail and it has worked out well.

Oh Yes, I sometimes forget in The US we have wood roofs, here it's just the sheet metal with c channel cross braces and angle bar joists so the roof panels actually have no strength behind them. that's about it. the dog

Back