diy solar

diy solar

Solar Power Cart Under Construction

AZRoadrunner

The AV cart I found through Amazon is absolutely perfect for building this solar power generator. All of the pieces slide together and it's easy to remove a panel, add plywood and install parts, and then slide it back together. Here's the current state of the build. When the construction is finished, one shelf covers the lower cabinet, then another shelf is on top. The inverter will be on top.
IMG_4751.jpegIMG_4752.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.51.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.53.00 PM.png

@Bob142 the build has stopped while a proper crimp tool is coming in. I have a hammer crimp tool and tried using it on 2/0 and nearly fell over laughing -- the end result looked like a flea market fire hazard. It might have actually been OK, but it's not a nice, neat crimp. Figured it was best to wait a couple of days rather than risk it.

I couldn't be happier with the cart. The way the panels slide in and out, and gravity holds it together, is simply awesome. It's perfect for a homebrew solar generator, because you can very easily disassemble and reassemble and it's not necessary to work in tight confines. Of course, some of the final connections will have to be made while leaning down into the cart, but that's a small price to pay.

The AV cart I found through Amazon is absolutely perfect for building this solar power generator. All of the pieces slide together and it's easy to remove a panel, add plywood and install parts, and then slide it back together. Here's the current state of the build. When the construction is finished, one shelf covers the lower cabinet, then another shelf is on top. The inverter will be on top.
View attachment 44327View attachment 44328
View attachment 44329
View attachment 44330
That's really a great set up - after building my first mock-up in a container with four solid walls, I can see the real advanctage to making at least a few of the walls easily removable. Thanks for sharing it.

Back