diy solar

diy solar

Solar Power Sound System in Military Job Box

lownotes

I'm looking for some advise or tips on designing a system that would be compact, somewhat portable and be able to provide powered speaker amplification for small to medium music events off grid. When not producing music events the system would be used to provide power for an off grid camping/living project that I have going on. I already have many of the elements for the sound system but not the solar part, but I'm ready to dive in. I'm hoping to make a more effecient system by including the largest power draw into the design of the system.

I have: Military Box on trailer, Digital wifi Mixer in rack box, passive speakers, led lights

My biggest question is how to best provide amplification for the speakers. Should I use regular AC power amps and an inverter or instead use DC automotive amps to drive the speakers. I'm guessing the DC amps would be more efficient but I'm new to this.

I'd like to mount panels at the camp and be able to disconnect the trailer with box containing diy powerwall, inverter, and amps. I'm not doing huge EDM shows, rather smallers singer song writer stuff, moderate volume. 6-8 hours of battery only power support. I'm envisioning some sort of waterproof connections cut into the box. Box is about 1 meter cubed mil surplus. 300lbs.

Parts Express, they have some small build kits or just do your own. Transducers or speakers and use some 18650 cells in some cases power the amp. I already had a portable speaker system and battery went out so I more and doubled the precious battery capacity and can play for a very long while.

Back