diy solar

diy solar

Solar power to run a Harman pellet stove with a Crosslinkconversions boiler kit using taco pump for infloor heat. What do I need

I am not sure 110 voit system .for the stove and pump. Do not know how to figure out.I do not know the watts needed
100 kilowatts per hr on the stove.

Hard for me to find this kind of information I think that this is it.Could someone help me out and find the right information. Using a Harman p68 pellet stove.and a taco bumblebee that uses 85 percent less energy than other pumps

Last edited:
I read somewhere i can not find anymore
Where using this system in Montana off grid was heating a 5800 sqf infoor slab home, only running the stove for 8 hrs a day using 30lb of pellets a day .He also put a sidearm heat exchanger on a 50 gallon demistic elec
hot water heater.With no elec hooked up.Just as a holding tank.and total cost for slab and hot water was about 4 dollars a day. Is what I am going to do allso.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-212926_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-212926_Chrome.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 3
The stove (maybe on the auger) should have a nameplate with watts or with amps on it. You could also measure with a meter like this, if it has a cord and plug on it.

Do you already have 115v AC and just want to run the stove from solar?

I am not sure exactly you are asking, "What do I need", but in general.
Inverter to make DC battery power to 115v AC.
Battery
Solar battery charger
Solar panels

If the stove is up and running, you can plug in a Kil-a-watt meter (between the outlet and the stove) to measure the stove power usage over a day, or several days. I would expect to run an auger for only part of the time. If it has a fan, maybe part time as well. You know the power for the pump.

So if you use 500 watt-hours per day (0.5 Kwh) you would need a battery large enough to carry you through some number of cloudy days, if you don't have your AC to fall back on. If you have the AC to fall back on, the battery could be smaller.

If this is the only load, a 1000 watt inverter should be plenty big, but we still don't know the stove's load in watts. You need to know your battery size before you can correctly size the solar panels that you need.

Back