diy solar

diy solar

Solar Power with Grid backup?

whiteshepherd

Could use some advice. I started with a small solar offgrid system and have expanded to charging my car and running my AC with it to cut back electric bill. However when I don't drive a lot power is wasted. Eventually I would like to upgrade to use more of my solar more efficiently. I was thinking of having an inverter where the grid comes into it. When my batteries get to %50 have it switch automatically to grid power as a backup till solar recharges batteries. I know the Sol Arc supports this. But it's also $8k just for the inverter. I have a 100A breaker box and a small electric stove (not used much). Furnace and water are gas. AC is a 450 watts window unit. Charging car can be done from 2k to 8k watts (adjustable). I have 20+kWh of LiFePo4 batteries and 3.4k watts of solar (will expand next year). Any good more affordable options to set this up or is Sol Arc it?

It sounds like you want to run everything thru your inverter so you would need multiple aio units running in parallel with a output of approximately 12k watts24/7 has growatt 6 k package 2 3k units in 48 volt for 1300.00 a set so 2 sets wired into the 100 amp supply would give you the power needed then you would wire the outputs to a new breaker box supplying you house they can be set for solar first battery second grid last

Back