diy solar

diy solar

Solar Powered 12volt Air Conditioner | Dometic RTX 2000 |

True, but in a Van you don't have that much space and the Dometic is a nice package.

Just found this:

$1000 for a DC Mini Split 6600BTU
They spared no expense with their mounting. That looks like genuine plywood. I always thought these cheaper no-name brands try to cut corners, but it's nice to see a company going all out on the little things.

It looks like there are a few options these days for DC air conditioners. I think a lot of them are in the "trucking" category instead of camping for whatever reason. I'm going to start a new thread in the vehicle forum, trying to put together a list and solicit feedback.

Reactions: Zwy
They spared no expense with their mounting. That looks like genuine plywood. I always thought these cheaper no-name brands try to cut corners, but it's nice to see a company going all out on the little things.

It looks like there are a few options these days for DC air conditioners. I think a lot of them are in the "trucking" category instead of camping for whatever reason. I'm going to start a new thread in the vehicle forum, trying to put together a list and solicit feedback.
Plywood is weighted up with gold-pressed latinum these days. Probably the piece of plywood is worth more then the A/C system :p
seriously, a piece of plywood used to by like 10 bucks, now you are lucky when you get one below $70

Does anyone know if these will work in any orientation? Might be a neat project for a window a/c unit.

Don

RV anything = immediate results, with low longevity.
Keep us posted how it works in a few years.
I've never found anything for rvs, including the actual rv, that lived long.
Why I built my own.

Back