diy solar

diy solar

solar producing no amps but has volts , possible open circuit,

Borderpatrol

wondering if this could be the culprit? using a REnogy DC/DC 50 amp with 2x100 watt panels. have checked the panels separately hooked up to small battery pack and they start to charge right away but when the panels are hooked up (in Parr) to the DC/DC solar input (MPPT) they are not sending any charge to the battery, as the BMS shows idle and state of charge does not change. i've been concentrating on the panel and input side but maybe the way i have the output is causing my issue? instead of the output going direct to fuse and battery i have it running thru my master switch first. could that create a open circuit? i also have my AC charger attached at that end of the fuse as well. should i go direct from the DCDC output to the fuse and then battery? and then run from battery to the switch for the camper? any thoughts?
i don't have a multimeter that shows amps just volts and it is producing 20+ in sunlight at the DCDC input. the pic is before i hooked up, the the DCDC is in the middle black. the output is bottom right to yellow switch to fuse then + on Batt. all the lights on the charger seem correct and show the solar is hooked up as well, just nothing going out. the Alternator seems to charge fine this way. batter box, DCDC, victron, lithium batt.jpg

I don't know what could be wrong based off the picture.
BMS shows idle and state of charge does not change. i've been concentrating on the panel and input side but maybe the way i have the output is causing my issue?
IME a tripped BMS with an overamperage could give no possibiltiy of charging. For the particular BMS I tripped, I could discharge, but not charge. I just unplugged the panels and plugged back in to reset.
? instead of the output going direct to fuse and battery i have it running thru my master switch first. could that create a open circuit? i also have my AC charger attached at that end of the fuse as well. should i go direct from the DCDC output to the fuse and then battery?

With no voltage going through the circuit, I would check the switch for continuity with a multimeter. I prefer to ohm this out with no voltage.
also have my AC charger attached at that end of the fuse as well. should i go direct from the DCDC output to the fuse and then battery?
When I have multiple connection to a battery, I use a busbar. A four post bus bar could have:

1) Main Battery
2) Solar Charging in
3) AC to DC converter in
4) System 12 volt power connected to a fuse box for things like USB charging.

Without a diagram I can't really help.

at first it was about 92% SOC and i thought thats why its not topping off so i discharged it by running the fridge to 66% SOC and let it sit all day in sun and still no results at end of day. the Charger is set to lithium as well with a blue light. When hooked to my truck the battery shows pulling in about 50 amps when the solar is unplugged and when solar is plugged it was only showing just under 25 amps going into the battery. i think thats correct for this unit by what i read. im just not seeing anything going from the solar to the battery, everything else seems to work.

Back