diy solar

diy solar

Solar supplier and battleborn

HewSmith

I'm purchasing some solar panels and victron multiplus 3000/48 inverter from an online vendor, and I had mentioned that I was going to purchase battleborn batteries for the system. I got this response below,

"Last, using Battleborn on a 48V system would likely be a bad decision long term… Lithium batteries SHOULD never be series configured. If you want a cost effective battery you should consider the Fortress or Simpliphi batteries. These batteries are designed for off-grid applications, are 48V (51.2 Nominal), and have a legitimate 10 year warranty."

Is this true?

I'm going with the Fortress eflex 5.4 now, but I was thinking the 12 BB volt in series would be versatile since i could break down create 12v or 24v if smaller systems if needed in future.

Thanks

Lithium batteries SHOULD never be series configured. If you want a cost effective battery you should consider the Fortress or Simpliphi batteries. These batteries are designed for off-grid applications, are 48V

I would like to know how they are getting 48V without having any in series.

I would like to know how they are getting 48V without having any in series.
I was wondering same thing.... BB offers 48v kits with the same 12v batteries.

Nothing is settled on the order yet, they're holding it since the inverter is back ordered and i had asked them to hold to make final decisions on charge controller size.
Do you have an option on what batter you would choose? I like the BB 12 v heated batteries but 1 big 48 v eflex battery little easier to connect.

Thanks

Back