diy solar

diy solar

Solar system for work shed

Rudyc

I want to put a solar system in a shed to run 2 incubators and some miscellaneous appliances roughly gonna use a little less than 900w an hour. Been watching YouTube butt it's a little confusing to figure out the components I'll need. The rating on the incubators is 110-120VAC, 50/60 Hz, 325 Watts the other appliances about 200 watts 110-120 vac all of them will be running 24/7 while in use.

800w / hour That's a larger load than my 2400sf house, which averages about 300W /hr Runs off a 5kw array

The incubators should have a temperature control and will heat off and on to maintain the proper setting. You need an inverter with the watts output to handle both being on and your extra load. 1000 watts is a common size but you don't really want to run it hard. Maybe 1500 watts would give you better solution.

Batteries that can carry you through X number of cloudy days will be a big expense. You need to run the incubators under expected ambient conditions and get an average power consumption to properly size batteries. Or you might consider 2 batteries and swap them out, so you can charge one at the house while the other one runs overnight.

900wx24=21600w a day! I don't think I would attempt this off grid unless your pockets are deep. Can you run power from the house to the shed to assist?

7-8kw of panels (for those 3 hours of sun days in winter). This is like a 40 panel system (250w), so likely it wont fit on the roof. Do you have the real estate for a ground base array?
34kwh of batteries (lead acid 50% use) or at least 22kwh of LiFePo (80% use). Lead acid is going to run you $3000 or more, LiFePo 10k or more
A big charge controller
2000w inverter
misc stuff to wire it all together safely

On the other hand if you can run a single 20a 120v line from the house out to the shed you could solar what you can and use the grid for the rest. Most all in one units have AC in for grid or generator use, so you could build a system as big as you can afford and get the benefits, but rely on the grid to make up any shortfall.

why don't try lifepo4 with 48v 100ah batttery for 2!!! so slow price with 2. 4599usd together with shipping fees

why don't try lifepo4 with 48v 100ah batttery for 2!!! so slow price with 2. 4599usd together with shipping fees

That will not be enough storage. The OP will need at least 22kwh of usable storage to just get through 24 hours. No matter how big the solar array is, there will still be 15-19 hours on battery alone at 900w per hour.

In a perfect world with a massive array producing enough power to fully recharge the batteries and power the equipment for most of the day (say 9am to 6pm), the battery would still need to provide 15 hours of power (14kwh).

You being in Hong Kong should have easy access to builds...

Vglory is an assembled pack in a case with BMS

how much is shipping from Guangdong, China to you?

usually need $50-75$.
i want to built a samll house.it need much power actually. the hk's home battery comes from guangdong actually....

i want to an absolute lower price. my wife and i want to live always. i see Will many videos. i love lithium battery. i also consider lead-acid batteries

Back