diy solar

diy solar

Solar system keep shutting down I Need help

sylv

Recently installed a 10kw 3 phase solar system, when the sun is strong during the lunch hours, the sytem keep shutting down and restarting, solar compagny said we need to balance the house phase, so redid some electricity instalation for that, but it's still happenning.
seem images for exemple

I think it might be the system is too far from the house, 150m, because it s a small resort, and too much resistance in the cable make increase voltage too high.
Or the panel bring too much electrictiy to the inverter, not sure.

anybody can help?

Attachments

• 258564260_916063659053535_1849641394365364451_n.jpg
    258564260_916063659053535_1849641394365364451_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • 258607004_3151288645107941_5714504383645118679_n.jpg
    258607004_3151288645107941_5714504383645118679_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
So the inverter is shutting down on high voltage?

Have you reached out to your utility? The issue maybe on their end and having unbalanced circuits beyond your transformer or possibly bad neutral.

With the inverter shut down what are you seeing for utility voltages?

strangely it only happen during strong sunny day, I read that might be increase resistance over the cable to reach the house.

If I turn on the bungalows and we consum all the electric problem seem to happen less. bungalows are connected close to inverter, but 6 month per year the resort is close and we only have the house where we consum electric.

the electric compagny is going to come to service the transformer and check, but they already came to look and don't seem to really know what's going on.

I live in Thailand, everything is complicated here...

I think it might be the system is too far from the house, 150m, because it s a small resort, and too much resistance in the cable make increase voltage too high.
Or the panel bring too much electrictiy to the inverter, not sure.
You've got that backwards. The further the distance the more resistance the wire has, but the voltage goes down, not up. Bringing the panels significantly closer will raise the voltage somewhat.

On really sunny days, the voltage of the panels will actually drop slightly, because the voltage is temperature dependent, and voltage goes down as the temperature goes up. Expect the highest voltage of the day to be in early morning, as the first rays of light hit the panels. At that time, voltage will be at it's maximum, while amperage will be minimal.

What will really go up on the brightest days will be the amperage, so it might be shutting down due to too-high amperage? It looks like your solar strings are at 428-429V. That is quite high. What are the specifications of your system? What you might want to try one by one is to first cut power from one string, and see if it corrects the problem. Second, try taking one panel out of your string and see if the somewhat reduced voltage has an effect.

Whatever you do, make sure you cut power at the breakers first. Don't try to disconnect any wiring while there's still power flowing. Check each and every connection with a voltage meter before trying to disconnect anything. DC arcing at this voltage would be spectacular, and maybe deadly!

428-429V. That is quite high. What are the specifications of your system?
quick google search for 10K 3phase solar landed on a generic all in one on amazon that supports "PV MPPT Range:350 - 850 Vdc"

so while his might not be the exact same, i suspect its in the same range.

I would guess thermal shutdown on the unit due to high input/output currents. Recomend checking ventlation, cooling fans and or supplemental air movement (point a fan at it)

Back