diy solar

diy solar

Solar system with wind with sol ark12k and tess electric lithuim batteries

Found some reviews on the IstaBreeze. I hope you're having better luck and will report back in a year with your experience.

1668994911061.png

Turbine been working great so far with zero issues. By the way its stamp made in turkey on the side. Yet the reviewer claims made in China? And the buyer claims that the seller stated made in the usa? Yet the website shows made in turkey. Website Shows no where made in the USA... Lol sounds like a fake review. Or a Amazon seller selling a different turbine.

Sounds like you've got yourself a real live unicorn there. I'd really like to see so some data logging on it's daily and monthly energy production.

Hello, Off grid solar guy. I am currently running a 12k sol-ark w/ 14.5kw array, 22kw pc320 batteries, grid tied w/ 6.5 kw sunnyboy inverter as AC coupled input to sol-ark. My system will cover my base critical load when the grid is down for about 48 hours without any solar. I wound love to be able to add the capacity of a wind turbine battery charger. Did to connect your wind systems input between the sol-ark12k and your battery system? How does it change any settings on the sol-ark or does it? I am really curious about this setup. This is the only forum i could find that has anyone talking about or using wind turbines w/ a sol-ark. If you happen to have anytime to response, i would love to ask you some questions. Thanks for posting, i appreciate it.

I am currently running a 12k sol-ark w/ 14.5kw array, 22kw pc320 batteries, grid tied w/ 6.5 kw sunnyboy inverter as AC coupled input to sol-ark. My system will cover my base critical load when the grid is down for about 48 hours without any solar. I wound love to be able to add the capacity of a wind turbine battery charger.
Two big challenges with using wind as a back up to PV or the Grid.
1- Don't assume that when you have no sun you'll have plenty of wind.
2- Not only is wind unreliable but wind turbines in general tend to be very unreliable.

Since the OP hasn't replied I hope it's ok that jump in. I'm quite eager for them report back because I'm really interested how much energy their Ista Breeze produces and how long it lasts.

FWIW: Many are very eager to talk about how well thier residential scale wind turbine is going do. I don't recall if had anyone reported back as to how well it did. Those that do report back have nothing sad stories to share.

Two big challenges with using wind as a back up to PV or the Grid.
1- Don't assume that when you have no sun you'll have plenty of wind.
2- Not only is wind unreliable but wind turbines in general tend to be very unreliable.

Since the OP hasn't replied I hope it's ok that jump in. I'm quite eager for them report back because I'm really interested how much energy their Ista Breeze produces and how long it lasts.

FWIW: Many are very eager to talk about how well thier residential scale wind turbine is going do. I don't recall if had anyone reported back as to how well it did. Those that do report back have nothing sad stories to share.
Well th OP must be innoculated or something.. I'll jump in too. Looking at istabreeze 1500w. Currently have 2 Air 403's (Simolar to Primus Air 40).
1- Don't assume that when you have no sun you'll have plenty of wind. SOOOOO TRUE
2- Not only is wind unreliable but wind turbines in general tend to be very unreliable. get a good one build a good tower be a mechanic!. Our turbines have spun for 20 years no issues at all excecpt tornados throwing branches at the blades.

Back