diy solar

diy solar

SolarAssistant adds support for Megarevo 8kw Inverter

Hrschk

Solar Enthusiast
SolarAssistant just added support for the Megarevo 8kw inverter. This would replace the crappy Solarman monitoring software. You can purchase only the software, or a whole raspberry pie system from them.

I also wanted to add, that while not as seamless, this inverter works with the included wifi dongle and home assistant if you are able to do a bit of DIY work.

It's great to see the Solar Assistant team putting in the effort to support this!

I also wanted to add, that while not as seamless, this inverter works with the included wifi dongle and home assistant if you are able to do a bit of DIY work.

It's great to see the Solar Assistant team putting in the effort to support this!
I was surprised they did it so quickly. I just inquired about it a month ago.

For what conector it reads i see the megarevo but how we connect to solar asidtant
Connects with its own box. The data is then real time, not a delay. There is install information linked on the page I linked to.

I saw this the other day and grabbed an Orange Pi. Install was super smooth and I'm getting real metrics! My wifi was apparently pretty bad in that room which added to the stock dongle being only marginally useful. I've got the Orange Pi hard wired now.

I did just put an email in to Solar-assistant support as my PV input seems to be mis-reporting very low. Inverter screen shows about 350w per MPPT input (utilizing all four). Grid shows negative because I have some other grid tie solar involved. Overall loving it! I'm sure they will work out the metrics, or tell me something I'm doing wrong, ha ha.

1667145784188.png

I saw this the other day and grabbed an Orange Pi. Install was super smooth and I'm getting real metrics! My wifi was apparently pretty bad in that room which added to the stock dongle being only marginally useful. I've got the Orange Pi hard wired now.

I did just put an email in to Solar-assistant support as my PV input seems to be mis-reporting very low. Inverter screen shows about 350w per MPPT input (utilizing all four). Grid shows negative because I have some other grid tie solar involved. Overall loving it! I'm sure they will work out the metrics, or tell me something I'm doing wrong, ha ha.

View attachment 118446
Thanks for the report!

Solar Assistant support replied to me yesterday, had me join the beta program, and download the new version that was released later that day. Don't know if the fix was already in the pipeline or they looked at it when I reported but regardless super quick. Today I see about 3/4 of my solar being reported so possible it's only reading 3 of the MPPT's. No doubt they will have that fixed in short order.

Hey how did you wire up solar assistant to the megarevo? I just purchased this too and their instructions are terrible. I have a USB cable, an ethernet plug, and 3 cables coming out of the end. But their instructions are: https://solar-assistant.io/help/megarevo/configuration

I don't get it. Do I wire it up somehow to the circular com port or to the ethernet ports inside?

Hey how did you wire up solar assistant to the megarevo? I just purchased this too and their instructions are terrible. I have a USB cable, an ethernet plug, and 3 cables coming out of the end. But their instructions are: https://solar-assistant.io/help/megarevo/configuration

I don't get it. Do I wire it up somehow to the circular com port or to the ethernet ports inside?
Gosh I forget things so fast. I think I had to get an rs485 Adapter. I know I connected to two pins in the circular plug the WiFi stick used to be.

Gosh I forget things so fast. I think I had to get an rs485 Adapter. I know I connected to two pins in the circular plug the WiFi stick used to be.
Thanks for the reply! I thought that was the case. I can't find them anywhere on the internet

Back