diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge monitoring app—what happened to the “Layout” view?

mpemburn

Hi,

I recently had to switch my SolarEdge monitoring from 3G to Ethernet (see here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/e...e3000-with-lcd-display-and-bt-smarthub.40456/). When the installer was here, he showed me the “layout” view of his app, and I was able to see the power output of each panel on the system. He said I could get the same view on the SolarEdge Monitoring app but, when I went to that app, it said “This app is for installers only. Download the mySolarEdge app”. This is new—I’ve used SolarEdge Monitoring for the last two years with not problem. The mySolarEdge app does not have a layout view. Does anyone know how I can get this information?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

when you open the app click on the grid lower RH corner

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 8.42.47 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 8.42.47 AM.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi Mike,

Thanks, but that’s not on my app (see screen shot). And you’re using the mySolarEdge app, not SolarEdge Monitoring? I’m using an iPhone—is yours Android?

Mark

Attachments

• A66EBBC9-577C-4D09-9B78-EF7C17F90818.jpeg
    A66EBBC9-577C-4D09-9B78-EF7C17F90818.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi Mike,

Thanks, but that’s not on my app (see screen shot). And you’re using the mySolarEdge app, not SolarEdge Monitoring? I’m using an iPhone—is yours Android?

Mark
Nope iPhone! app from the app store. Took a screenshot of the version the app store installed on my phone

Attachments

• screenshot.PNG
    screenshot.PNG
    176.4 KB · Views: 17
Nope iPhone! app from the app store. Took a screenshot of the version the app store installed on my phone
That is very weird. My version is exactly the same. At the place where yours shows the grid, mine has the “map pin” symbol that just shows our name and address.

Contact your installer, who has administrator rights, and have them add it to your account.
That's the method I used

Back