diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge monitoring questions

MisterSandals

Participation Medalist
Hello
I am helping a friend with his home system. He used to monitor via his installer but the went belly up several years ago.

Here is what he sent me, it looks like it has all the info but ask away if not.
Thanks for any help!

>>>
Here are my PV system details:

Installed Sept. 2016, almost 6 years old.
System Size: 6.9 kW AC / 7.8 kW/DC
Panels: Qty. 26 LG LG300N1K-G4 300W, 60 cell (2 strings of 13 panels)
Optimizer: Qty. 26 SolarEdge P300
Inverter: SolarEdge SE7600A-US (integrated DC disconnects)
Monitoring: Locus Meter LGate 120

I have read some today, and the Locus Meter can communicate it's monitoring information via Cellular (which I think the Sungevity was using) or ethernet. So very likely I do not also need a zigbee unit for the inverter box, as I was thinking I would.

What I do need to know is if I can use the Locus Meter GSM cellular link and get to that data.
The product info mentions SolarOS and SolarNOC as platforms that the data is sent to.
Not sure from there - for instance can I get to it? or is it restricted to commercial customers? Also, I think Locus has been purchased, and that these platform or app names have changed. Presumably these platforms can then display all my production data by panel if I want. The meter holds about 4-6 weeks of history.
Or may there is a better way.
My Solar company was Sungevity, pretty big in the bay area from 2012-2017 (est.).
ALL their customers would have a similar problem (not all would be using Soalredge).

Just throwing this out... We're faced with this now that SMA is no longer shipping SB's with built in wifi.

Have you considered an Ethernet to Wifi adapters? This is from a tech note that SMA just sent me. The bottom snip is from the data sheet of the SE7600A-US. It seems like an option.

1659921920136.png

1659921052159.png

Thanks for the info. I will see if there is an HTTP server built in but I'd be surprised as it would be a highly touted feature rather than something buried in a manual.

Thanks for the info. I will see if there is an HTTP server built in but I'd be surprised as it would be a highly touted feature rather than something buried in a manual.
You're welcome but it doesn't sound like it was much help. HTTP server? I don't know exactly what that means but I'm here to learn. HTTP has something do with websites and the internet is about know.

Is it not as simple as deleting (bypassing?) the cell gateway, plugging the new Ethernet to Wi-Fi adapter into SE7600A-US then using the Wi-Fi on site to talk to the SolarEdge monitoring platform via the customer's internet? Of course, you could just skip the Wi-Fi and plug the inverter into ethernet switch on site?

I assume there's Wi-Fi with internet access on site?

1660006890333.png

Last edited:
I have this SE7600A-USS inverter. You can run through the menu on the LCD display by taking off the cover and switching the Server from Cell to LAN (Ethernet). The SE install guide describes how to do this.

Here is the install guide.

Attachments

• SE7600A-USS2_StorEdge_Installation_Guide.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
Back