diy solar

diy solar

SolarEdge SE10000H Inverter died: 'Error code 18 x B7 HW Error'. Any thoughts ?

2squirrels

9.75 kWp system - 30 x LG Neon 2's, SolarEdge Inverter, Optimisers, 2 x Powerwall2's - is coming up 3 years old. Yesterday, generation ceased. Tried rebooting system but error code '18 x B7 - HW Error' keeps reappearing.

Correct: I went though the SolarEdge HD-Wave Inverter Installation Guide (MAN-01-00250-1.1) that the Installer handed over in October 2018. '18xB7' wasn't listed. I also checked on the SolarEdge websit: not there either. But I did find a mention on the Whirlpool Forum just now:
'Solar Edge SE5000 Error Code 18xB7 HW Error - Whirlpool ... https://forums.whirlpool.net.au › archive'
The thing is, we had the local Harrisons Franchisee here a few days ago: we are adding more panels. One thing he noticed was my Export Limit had been incorrectly set to 5 kW. So he reset it to 10 kW i.a.w. advice from Local Lines company. Is it possible the Lines Company could deactivate my solar system by the wifi link ?

Is it possible the Lines Company could deactivate my solar system by the wifi link ?
I know absolutely nothing about your system or Lines Company.
I did see a mention about an error log. Maybe it shows something meaningful or new?

However HW Error kind of implies its a piece of your equipment to me. I would expect something along the lines of a connection error or limits message if it were your Lines Company. I dunno, just guessing.

Re the 'Lines' Company: in New Zealand, there are two elements to our power Invoices: the electricity retailer charges per kW used and the 'Lines' company - who own the infrastructure: poles, copper lines etc - make a charge per kW for supplying the power. It's the Lines Company which puts a limit on what one can pull from the Grid: my power pole has a 63 Amp limit, and also a limit on what I can send back to them for a credit. I'm limited to sending a max of 11.75 kVA back to them - for which they pay me NZD 0.10 plus GST per kWh.
My worry is that it may be the Lines Company who has deactivated my Solar system: after all, they do have a wifi connection to my system through the Smart Meter.

It was a hardware issue: replacement SolarEdge 10000H Inverter has arrived from Melbourne. Very impressed with SolarEdge's quick response: Inverter failed on Saturday 21 August, Harrisons called them on Monday 23 August, replacement Inverter arrived on Friday 27 August. Only problem now is that, as we currently are in a Covid-19 'Level 4 Lockdown' here in New Zealand right now, Harrisons cannot come and swap the Inverters over...

Back