diy solar

diy solar

Solaredge SE7600A-USS

Slapnass

Hi, I have a SE7600 storedge inverter I purchased that needs repairs, (purchased as new open box with warranty for a project that took over 180 days to get up and running so no way to test then once hooked up it has a rapid shutdown failure due to a fried storedge portion of the board) seller ITCtech on eBay refuses to do anything Becuse 180 days has elapsed and solaredge is telling me this item that itctech sold me was a warranty return and has a existing RMA number in the system so they refuse to repair. Long story short ITCtech sold me a Used damaged inverter as a new open box so I’m stuck with a $2000 inverter that solaredge is demanding I return to them ffs…I’m looking for a way to eliminate the storedge part of the inverter and just use it as a regular 7600 inverter. Will swapping the digital board achieve this ? Can the firmware be changed ?

I don't know if that can be done, but I also need to test my solaredge 7600 before I install. Am afraid it is a brick

I have since learned you can use your serial number to track the warranty of your inverter, it can help determine if you have a new or used inverter here is the link.

I have since learned you can use your serial number to track the warranty of your inverter, it can help determine if you have a new or used inverter here is the link.
I submitted my serial number, but it was not found. weird.

I submitted my serial number, but it was not found. weird.
I noticed that happens with inverters that have an expired warranty or the serial number is one that is part of an existing warranty claim, I’d contract solaredge through email or live chat from the support page. The damaged inverter sold to me from NTCtech on eBay it’s S/N did not provide info on warranty and from email I found out it has a open RMA number which means someone claimed it under warranty and must return the damaged inverter to Solaredge. I would figure this out before your return window with your seller closes because you will not be able to claim it under warranty from solaredge and your seller will not be obligated to return the item, eBay is 180 days and PayPal is a little longer I believe.

Back