diy solar

diy solar

SolarEver as a brand an panel life expectancy

nscottsdale

I have plans approved for qty 36 of the SolarEver 445 watt units yesterday, but availability is a bit tough now (no longer at signature solar) and it seems i need to locate from regional sources who have them in stock. With warranty being handled by the "manufacturer" it's odd that the spec sheet doesn't have an address.

Any one using SolarEver? Are they a legit bargain option?

Last edited:
Also interested in their quality/warranty and pedigree. Any feedback here elsewhere?

Don't know about Solarever quality, but Santan Solar are selling new 455W panels. They're selling them out of their Savannah, GA location for about $257.

I purchased two of these to charge batteries in my well pump house from SanTan Savannah. Quality is good, they are heavy so be ready for some lifting. I wish the leads were about a foot longer but I managed. Had them up for about a month now. Only time will tell for quality.

Any other updates on these panels. Price seems compelling for a new panel.

no complaints on the panels. I dont discharge the battery far, so I've only seen them charging at 600w but that is to be expected. They do well on overcast days I think better than other panels. The big reason was shipping for small order is ridiculous, and my roof could only support so much so I had to go with big panels as 2 would fit.

no complaints on the panels. I dont discharge the battery far, so I've only seen them charging at 600w but that is to be expected. They do well on overcast days I think better than other panels. The big reason was shipping for small order is ridiculous, and my roof could only support so much so I had to go with big panels as 2 would fit.
I’m in Hilton Head on vacation this week. Going to head to Savanna on the way home to Charlotte to pick up 15-20 of them. Others with similar power are larger size from what I’ve seen.

I was considering SolarEver as well for the price. Local installer says they're good, although they only have a 12 year warranty.

I have three Solarever 440W (SE-166*83-440M-144) panels for my secondary small off grid system. The panels are over a year old and they perform flawlessly. The three panels produce about 1230W in full sun. The panels work great on cloudy days as well.

The build quality is great, they perform terrific and they have been through some pretty extreme weather. Heavy hail several times, extreme cold (-18F) for days, and best of all, during a good rain storm, they clean themselves better than my twelve Longi 320w panels. The Solarever panels just need a little rain and they look like new. My panel frames are black and they also still have a semi-gloss coating. My Longi frames are also black, and they look chalky now even though they were bought 2 months apart.

The Solarever warranty is 12 year product warranty and 25 year linear power warranty. The Longi warranty is only 10 year product and 25 linear power warranty.

I ended up picking up 10 Rec 400w Alpha Black from SanTan in GA. These panels are new with just a few frame scratches. Tested all of them and they all put out full power. Really disappointed with cloud cover results though but I guess that’s expected with any panel.

I just got mine today, Solarever 455W 455M-144N. Fit/finish are great, and the panels feel fairly rugged. Kind of bummed about the rarity of information about these panels (particularly around low-light performance with the claims of these having "excellent performance in low-light"), but I hope to fix that a little - once I get to test them.

Unfortunately, I'm looking at another week+ of heavy overcast if we don't get a small sliver of sunshine tomorrow afternoon... so I might not be able to really test them for a while yet. Hoping they do well in low light conditions, but it was so overcast this afternoon that I doubted they'd produce anything.

Oh, a nice close pic of the cells -
1670895870256.png

Edit: Dec 13th - Another full overcast day combined with a low winter sun to make it even worse, but I did have some success testing one panel. Output peaked around 70-90W when the skies thinned a little (never got direct sun), and generation started/stopped at around 15W as the usable light thresholds were crossed (at least with the EF Delta 2 I'm testing with).

Overall, pretty happy with this low light performance on such a dark winter day. I doubt any other panel I own would've produced anything today.

Edit 2: Jan 9th - Finally saw the sun again today, and I got some pretty good results out of the 455W panel. It was still partly cloudy / hazy, but it still managed to peak around 420W (~92% of rated). Averaged a good 300-350W for ~2 hours this afternoon, and concluded the test when my Delta 2 hit 100%. Can't wait to get the full setup done!

Last edited:
Mine are mounted and connected to combiner box. They test out fine for open voltage. - but im on slow path for final steps because it will be inspected and i don't want to misstep on dc conduits.
slr6-42-36.png

I have 24x SolarEver 455W panels on my home (10.94kW), installed in October '22. 12 of them face SE and 12 face SW, my roof is 12/12 pitch, no shade, out in an open field. I'm using a Sol-Ark 15K inverter and 8x100ah 48V EG4 LifePower4 batteries. We are off-grid.

I'm happy with them, but I don't know how they compare to others, so maybe they suck? I would appreciate any input you guys could give me on how good/bad this is.

Attached is my generation chart for December (Total: 356kWh). Kinda sucked (I used 589kWh, so generated about 60% of my needs), but from what I'm hearing/reading it's one of the worst months for generation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 1.06.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 1.06.38 PM.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
I have 24x SolarEver 455W panels on my home (10.94kW), installed in October '22. 12 of them face SE and 12 face SW, my roof is 12/12 pitch, no shade, out in an open field. I'm using a Sol-Ark 15K inverter and 8x100ah 48V EG4 LifePower4 batteries. We are off-grid.

I'm happy with them, but I don't know how they compare to others, so maybe they suck? I would appreciate any input you guys could give me on how good/bad this is.

Attached is my generation chart for December (Total: 356kWh). Kinda sucked (I used 589kWh, so generated about 60% of my needs), but from what I'm hearing/reading it's one of the worst months for generation.
It's a difficult question with your roof mounting situation, but yes... Dec/Jan are definitely the worst months for solar around here. We had an exceptionally dark/dreary month of December up here in Michigan (literally record breaking with <8 hours of total sunshine for the month).

We're past winter solstice though, so the days are getting longer and you should start seeing your solar collection increase as we get closer to spring.

Just updated my last post with some information from today's test - the panel peaked around 420W (92% of rated!) despite not being 100% clear, with some heavy haze in the skies ?

It's a difficult question with your roof mounting situation, but yes... Dec/Jan are definitely the worst months for solar around here. We had an exceptionally dark/dreary month of December up here in Michigan (literally record breaking with <8 hours of total sunshine for the month).

We're past winter solstice though, so the days are getting longer and you should start seeing your solar collection increase as we get closer to spring.

Just updated my last post with some information from today's test - the panel peaked around 420W (92% of rated!) despite not being 100% clear, with some heavy haze in the skies ?
You're not far from me. I'm northern Indiana. Here's my solar generation with the Solarever 455W panels today and yesterday. I generated darn near 1/3 of this month's power today alone. Hopefully yesterday and today are the norm for the rest of the month! LOL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 6.11.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 6.11.27 PM.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 6.11.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 6.11.05 PM.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
You're not far from me. I'm northern Indiana. Here's my solar generation with the Solarever 455W panels today and yesterday. I generated darn near 1/3 of this month's power today alone. Hopefully yesterday and today are the norm for the rest of the month! LOL
You'll see that and more getting into spring & summer as the sun's path throughout the sky gets higher and higher.

Great day for it here today, too. If I had my 4-panel setup done on my cargo trailer it probably would've collected 5-7kWh - which would offset more than half my average daily consumption.

May have already been addressed somewhere, but does anyone know if Solarever panels have the proper certifications to be code compliant in california?

May have already been addressed somewhere, but does anyone know if Solarever panels have the proper certifications to be code compliant in california?

Installed Solarever in Nor Cal. They are on the CEC list.

455w panels installed 8 weeks ago. Sealant/adhesive is leaking on two of them. Solarever tech is a nice guy but is not convinced that is from the panels. He wants me to remove panels from roof and take several pics to file a claim. And said even after supplying pics the claim may not be approved. It is definitely a silicone type adhesive, same as the j boxes, and the little pieces are flexible and stretch like silicone...

p4.jpg

Installed Solarever in Nor Cal. They are on the CEC list.

455w panels installed 8 weeks ago. Sealant/adhesive is leaking on two of them. Solarever tech is a nice guy but is not convinced that is from the panels. He wants me to remove panels from roof and take several pics to file a claim. And said even after supplying pics the claim may not be approved. It is definitely a silicone type adhesive, same as the j boxes, and the little pieces are flexible and stretch like silicone...

View attachment 178281
I have 10 of these panels.
Have to look and see if mine have any silicone type sealant on them.

Back