diy solar

diy solar

Solarever Panel Problem

Look on the back of your panels The data label will show ISC amp rating. That stands for short circuit current. A solar panel will not make enough current to damage itself when shorted out and this value is used in calculating system parameters.
that sounds crazy dangerous

Your new panels are fine. I only ever see full production a few mins maybe during the day. It varies throughout the day. You will not see close to max or max rarely.
I think that they are below average, theres nothing I can do about it, except add one or two more to compensate for the low output.
I just happen to have four more.

Oh nos it's 11 am, my panels must be bad. I'm only getting 3500 watts when I should be getting 5800. What will I do! Varies throughout the day of course but that's why you get more panels than you need. An accurate test is if you are testing different brands, not one panel.

Oh nos it's 11 am, my panels must be bad. I'm only getting 3500 watts when I should be getting 5800. What will I do! Varies throughout the day of course but that's why you get more panels than you need. An accurate test is if you are testing different brands, not one panel.
On testing panels, did you look at the article above byhttps://diysolarforum.com/members/littleharbor2.37098/ Have you ever short circuited a panel on purpose?

I have 24x SolarEver 455W panels on my home (10.94kW), installed in October '22. 12 of them face SE and 12 face SW, my roof is 12/12 pitch, no shade, out in an open field. I'm using a Sol-Ark 15K inverter and 8x100ah 48V EG4 LifePower4 batteries. We are off-grid.

If there is little/no demand and the batteries are fully charged the inverter basically "dumbs down" the panels, pulling the very minimum it needs to maintain battery state and the inverter itself.

Back