diy solar

diy solar

SolArk 12k Systems AC Setup

OffgridCowboy

Hi All!

First post here and super excited to be learning so much from the plethora of knowledge you all have!

So, I've been stumbling my way through this offgrid thing learning as we go and our home is running pretty good so far about 2 weeks in. Only issue is that our AC Condenser is too heavy for our system and throws an AC Overload Code on the SolArk when I try to turn it on.

Here are the specs on the AC unit. The SolArk guy said this: Since the LRA is 79 at 230, you go above the 16000 VA of surge that the Sol-Ark has; you would need a second inverter to run that load.

So my question is this: is there a smaller inverter you guys would recommend we could run parallel with our SolArk to make up the difference or possibly a soft start that could get us through the cranking?

Apologies for my ignorance as I'm still quite new to this.

Thanks!

IMG_4842.JPG.jpeg

Perhaps you can install a softstart system that would eliminate the compressor startup surge. I can't make any specific recommendations, but it's a place to start research. Maybe reach out to your A/C mfg and inquire about soft-start options from them.

Hi All!

First post here and super excited to be learning so much from the plethora of knowledge you all have!

So, I've been stumbling my way through this offgrid thing learning as we go and our home is running pretty good so far about 2 weeks in. Only issue is that our AC Condenser is too heavy for our system and throws an AC Overload Code on the SolArk when I try to turn it on.

Here are the specs on the AC unit. The SolArk guy said this: Since the LRA is 79 at 230, you go above the 16000 VA of surge that the Sol-Ark has; you would need a second inverter to run that load.

So my question is this: is there a smaller inverter you guys would recommend we could run parallel with our SolArk to make up the difference or possibly a soft start that could get us through the cranking?

Apologies for my ignorance as I'm still quite new to this.

Thanks!

View attachment 93510

I had the same issue with my SolArk 12K. My HP had about 92LRA so a little worse than your situation.

I installed Hyper Sure Start Single Phase Soft Starter 230V (8-16 FLA) that I bought on EBay for $150 a few weeks back.

Problem appears to be solved.

I installed Hyper Sure Start Single Phase Soft Starter 230V (8-16 FLA
The poster needs to be clear if he is split phase 240 Volts which is the common service in the US. Single phase 230 volts is common in other parts of the world. I am not sure why the compressor tag says 1 ph and 208-230 volts

A soft starter will help with the inrush, but his system uses a TXV...so unlike HVAC systems which use a piston to regulate refrigerant pressures, he won't get the full benefit of the device. It could still reduce inrush by half.

Back