diy solar

diy solar

SolArk direction of power flow when in grid tie limit to home usage mode?

Cheap 4-life

My body is 2.63 trillion volts, .07v per cell
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for helping my brain understand this. I’ve installed many main and subpanels in my day. I’m trying to understand how the SolArk supplies power to the main panel when in grid tie mode. Does it push power out the inverters grid input and then into the main panel. Kinda making the inverters grid input bidirectional. Therefor disabling grid charging while in grid tie mode. Or does the SolArk push power out of its load output into the subpanel and then to the main panel?

Last edited:
Anyone SolArk knowledgeable that can take a few minutes to answer please

Confirmed. The SolArk/Deye inverters have a bidirectional grid input. Grid input is where it gets its AC for charging the battery. When inverter is pushing power out of the grid input (to the main panel) then it can’t charge the battery with AC.
This means the main panel loads can indeed use the utilities power directly from the homes mains wires while the inverter supplies as much as it can to the loads. Loads can be any amount, the load amount isn’t limited by an inverter pass through amount. This is a very good feature that not many inverters have

Back