diy solar

diy solar

SolArk EMP question

FightThePower

Hello guys, those of you with SOL ARK 12K EMP inverters, where do the torroids go? You put one on the solar wires on each solar panel or ? I know you are supposed to put them on your appliances, but where else?

No, they do not go on the DC side, they go on the AC side to monitor the grid power imported/exported, or your loads. They don't measure DC.

I would imagine its the same on the 12K EMP as well as the non-EMP version. The round black things (torroids) go on the battery cable. Put both black and red cables from battery to the Sol-Ark THROUGH the torroids.

Any links to places to purchase toroid's to add to other systems? I know they are designed for Sol-Ark but am sure they might help on other systems.

From page 21 of the installation manual (page 38 in the later manual) you want to get them as close to the panels as possible and on power cords connected to the transfer switch as close to the appliance as possible.1656586471478.png

What to Buy
Any links to places to purchase toroid's to add to other systems? I know they are designed for Sol-Ark but am sure they might help on other systems.
Started a thread on that.

From page 21 of the installation manual (page 38 in the later manual) you want to get them as close to the panels as possible and on power cords connected to the transfer switch as close to the appliance as possible.View attachment 100702

What to Buy

Started a thread on that.
Hello, thank you for the response. My manual didnt have this page. I noticed sol ark has many versions of their documentation out there.

I will install them on panels. Unfortunately I have 32 panels and all the wiring already tied up very neatly that will need redoing.

I think I will also purchase more ferrites for all of my wire runs. Also some extra ground rods and extra large ground wires on some of my sub panels is probably in order.

I would imagine its the same on the 12K EMP as well as the non-EMP version. The round black things (torroids) go on the battery cable. Put both black and red cables from battery to the Sol-Ark THROUGH the torroids.
Hello, for the emp version they also supply a boatload of smaller ferrite clip ons for your appliances and panels.

Back