diy solar

diy solar

Solarman App/Web discrepancy of daily production

meetyg

Solar Enthusiast
Hi.
After much distress with some cheap Aliexpress microinverters, I shelled out some more cash an got a better quality Deye 2000w microinverter that uses the Solarman app and website.

I love the amount of detail it gives, but there is one thing that bugs me, and I wonder if others have this problem:
My total daily production according to the app is around 3.8-3.9kwh (I have a small solar setup) but when I check each input separately (again, according to the app) and add them up, I get only 3.6kwh.

Has anyone else noticed such a discrepancy?

I only have 3 of the 4 inputs being used, and the 4th one shows zero daily production, so I don't think that's the problem.

Yes it's a small difference, but in the long run it could add up giving me false data.
I also don't know which one is the accurate one.

It shows the same difference on the app and on the website.

This difference/discrepancy has happened for every day of use so far (had it for around two weeks now).

Any ideas?

I searched solarman on here and your thread popped up. Im starting to turn my system on and have 3 430 watt bifacials hooked up. On my deye 8 kw inverters i notice discrepancies like you mention as well. Hopefully someone who knows will fill us in

How are your 3 panels connected? In parallel?
I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that I use up only 3 inputs of the microinverter. Maybe that mixes things up for the calculation.

How are your 3 panels connected? In parallel?
I wonder if this has something to do with the fact that I use up only 3 inputs of the microinverter. Maybe that mixes things up for the calculation.
no in series because i need 125 volts to start mppt

It looks like there are only a few Solarman users on this site. But, I found a ton of hits on the south african power forum - https://powerforum.co.za/
search up solarman or deye there - I'll poke around and see what I can find too.

Separately i saw significant discrepancies between the Plant data on the main page vs what the individual modules say. The helpdesk informs that the Plant Data refresh is quite a bit slower, and they advised to check the individual microinverter or modules instead. I'm still trying to figure out the same issue that meetyg has highlighted, where the total AC production is marginally higher than the DC input power of individual modules.... Is it a Power Factor issue or non-contemporaneous readings between diff modules or ??? I have a din wifi power meter on the way that should help give me another reference to check.

Back