diy solar

diy solar

Solax system not discharging batteries

Thanks for this. After a frustrating few days trying to get SolaX technical to sort this exact problem, the solution you highlight worked wonderfully. In the end my only difficulty was getting access to 'Advanced Settings' which it turns out requires using password 6868 in the SolaX app. Why could SolaX technical not sort this out!
Interesting i just tried that password in mine and i get an extra option saying super, no other differences that i can see.
If you don't know the normal admin password is 2014.
I came across this page as i was having the same issue, i was on hols and so house baseline was very low and it was not using my batteries.
I didn't have the hotStandby setting so i phoned solax who updated my firmware,b they were really helpful actually (tip: phone before lunch as they finish at 5 and firmware update takes a few hours).
I now have this setting, its set to enabled by default - do we just need to set it to disabled when we go away again?

I had the same problems with ny system and it seems that going into advanced settings and selecting Hotstandby and setting it to disabled has done the trick.....for the moment. Why was my system working all right though and then 2 days ago it started drawing down from the grid for no reason that I can find.

I have the same problem; how did you get support from Solax and how long did they take?
Many thanks
I had same issue, so found U.K. contact number, rang them, option 1,1 following instructions and all they did was ask for issue, then ask forthe registration number (it’s on your inverter page of app) and they solved it in about 5minutes (checked settings then did firmware update.. and promised a ring back in a few hours to confirm it’s done correctly!) …. Wow effortless

Had this problem and now fixed. Update of firmware is required by Solax-they can do it remotely. The new firmware requires the discharge time to be set as 00:00 to 23:59. Older versions required 00:00 to 00:00 and may have that set as default. Hottest should be disabled. Battery triggered on at as low as 100w load. Hope this helps.

Hi I’ve recently had a Solax 3.7 hybrid inverter installed and two 5.8 kW batteries. I have noticed that even though I set the Discharge Allowed timer to 04.30 when the batteries are fully charged and at the end of Octopus Go’s cheap rate the batteries don’t always wake up and carry the load to the house but leave it to the grid until I intervene and turn the kettle on. I have also had this problem also when the battery if full during the daytime. When I’d expect the full batteries to pick up the load they don’t, the grid does. This is driving me mad, not to mention disturbing my sleep pattern! Anyone had this issue?
I have this exact same issue, how did you get it resolved please?

Back