diy solar

diy solar

Solax x1 ac 3.6 , batteries capacity lower than expected

mchirek

Hi,
I've got solax ac 3.6 charger and 3 triple power 5.8kWh batteries.
All together should be 17.4 kWh, discharge threshold is set for 15%.
Usable should be then 14.79kWh. At the moment system is set for force time use from 0:00 to 5:00 and charge from the grid, it seems that available capacity is about 9.8kWh, that is how much it drawfrom grid to charge from 15 to 100%. Then remaining time is self use. The issue is that capacity is much lower that expected.
On a cloudy day when there is nothing producing from solar it discharging as well only 9.8kWh, (daily yield)
No e4rors, all lights on batteries as should be , everything seem fine.
Any ideas, help, please?

What is voltage reading for batteries... from Solax Cloud or Solax App iphone or android.

3 batteries should state 345 volts in all apps, website and inverter screen.

If your voltage is 345 for 3 batteries all is good.

Mine states 230 volts for 2 batteries, Master plus slave.

If your voltage is 230 volts... only 2 batteries it could be the Dip Switch.

has charge gone to 100% since your message.

Where all batteries installed at the same time, dip switch set to 2 for 3 batteries as per instructions per manual
for 2 batteries dip switch 1 as for mine....

To Check the Dip Switch Settings.

Dip switch settings is on Master battery BMS Black Stripe around Battery, undo 2 screws left and right top side, take off plastic top... there you will see Master 40A breaker and Dip Switch... check the little arrow is pointing to the correct setting as per instructions in manual
for you number of batteries. Before changing Dip Switch you MUST turn the Battery System Off, Press Silver Button and
turn Breaker Off before changing the Dip Switch settings if they are incorrect for 3 batteries.

Back