diy solar

diy solar

Sold: Electrodacus SBMS0 package with shunts (or full electrical setup)

nebulight

Solar Enthusiast
Up for sale is an Electrodacus SBMS0 bundle to get started. I only want to sell as a package. It includes (Listed with price I paid):

Electrodacus SBMS0 (old version with side connectors, but has USB and wifi and extra plug for EXTio 5 and 6 connected) - $150?? I don't remember
Electrodacus DSSR20 (without diversion) - $25?? I don't remember
BlueSea 9231 150amp 50mv shunt (main shunt)- $40
BlueSea 9228 50amp 50mv shunt (PV Shunt)- $40
Copper busbar to link two shunts - $10
Wire removal tool (for SBMS0 side connectors - $10

I've got around $275 into this. I used it for testing but ended up going with a different BMS. It's been collecting dust and I don't think I'll use it again. Looking to get $240 shipped in the US. If you are local in las vegas you can pick it up.

SOLD!!

1645899201710.png
1645899235789.png
1645899265410.png
1645899350452.png
1645899369950.png
1645899484285.png

I've also got the following that I purchased to make a DIY battery power box (I'll update with links as I post them):

EPEver 24V 2000 inverter (1600w) that was modified to use the SBMS0 extIO connectors (just added a phoenix terminal to the on/off switch). That I'm looking to sell for $250 (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/fs-epever-24v-ip2000-inverter.36001/)
8 105ah EVE cells purchased from Basen. $425 picked up in Las Vegas (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/fs-8-105ah-eve-cells-with-bus-bars.36002/)
Blue Sea 187 Circuit Breaker panel mount 100amp. $50
Victron Orion IP67 24v to 12v - $40 (https://diysolarforum.com/threads/f...2-volt-20-amp-240-watt-dc-dc-converter.36004/)

All of these items were purchased to work together. The only thing you'll need is a victron battery protect for 24/12v load protection. If you want to buy it all, I'll throw in a craftsman toolbox to store everything in. I'll sell it all for $750 picked up in Las Vegas

Last edited:
Did you manage to sell this, im in Chicago, PM me Im interested.

still available. I just this past weekend I upgraded the BMS firmware to the latest as well as upgrading the ESP32 wifi module so it has access to join existing networks instead of just creating its own.

so BMS -> Ssr -> contactor?

how much for everything except for the shunts?

which BMS did you pick instead?

Okay, I’m leaning towards the rec as well. But I like the price of this option. i’ll sleep on it

I run that Kilovac contactor through a SSR that ties my LFP bank to my FLA bank controlled by the ElectoDacus SBMS0

I’m asking because I’m considering it. Have you posted any details on your setup?

Yes. 3 years plus now. (Ya I know, lots say you can't do this)
Can't? More like shouldn't for various reasons, but...those in the know often get away with things they shouldnt do.

edit:

Just set them to the lower charging profile as the LA, concede to a lower float value, and disable equalization.

Can't? More like shouldn't for various reasons, but...those in the know often get away with things they shouldnt do.

edit:

Just set them to the lower charging profile as the LA, concede to a lower float value, and disable equalization.
Personally, I think it depends on your use case. This hybrid system is in a travel trailer. I wanted to keep the stock electrical system intact. (You never know really know when there will be an upgrade) The LFP battery and control components can be removed from the trailer it about 5 minutes due to Anderson connectors and drawer slides. The trailer brakes, Alternator charging and the 2000 watt inverter are all on the FLA bank avoiding alternator spikes, pre-charging the inverter caps, solving trailer brake issues and acts as a UPS if for what ever reason the BMS disconnects.

I’m asking because I’m considering it. Have you posted any details on your setup?
Not really. The cells are take offs from Lion Energy Solar Generator expansion packs that were discontinued. It consists of 12 50 amp hour cells, 3 in parallel and 4 of these in series for a 12 volt 150 amp hour battery pack. The cells came with plastic separators that give about 3/8" gap between the cells.. I used 1/2" type K copper pipe flattened using a 50 ton press for buss bars and used a mill for the slots. The BMS sense leads are 12 gauge to a terminal block ( This allows easy connections for active balancers) The leads are crimped, soldered covered in nylon cable sleeves and heat shrink-ed and zip tied to control movement. The BMS is the ElectroDacus SBMS0. I'm using the DEXT16 for easy expansion. The 640 watts of solar is controlled by two DSSR20's with diversion (when Dacian can get chips for building more DSSR20's I will add more solar in a PV1-PV2 arrangement). I may use diversion to heat water in the future. The drawer slide is a steel mesh set up. To protect from shorts and as insulation there are 5 layers of chloroplast. ( Finely a great use for old political signs ) I use SSR's to control the KiloVac contactor and the converter. the DEXT16, two DSSR20's, two SSR's are mounted on 1/8" thick aluminum plate as a heat sink. The KiloVac ties the trailer system to the LFP pack. (the FLA bank is two GC2 6 volt batteries in series)

Last edited:
Back