diy solar

diy solar

Solid-electrolyte interphase (SEI)

blueknight768

Okay so bringing back this topic. I know the cheapest and probably best DIY setup today if you have the money is getting some EG4 Lifepo4 batteries, EG4 all in one inverters and panels from signature solar and calling it a day, covering a entire houses consumption and storage for about $18k shipped. I recently moved to the Big Island of Hawaii and am obviously surrounded by Salt water. In the past around 2016 a company named Aquion Energy made some stackable SEI batteries and seemed promising as they have non of the issues lithium does except space utilization and I'm not concerned about that either as I have a acre to build on. Here is a video covering their production, granted its a little sales pitchy...

From what I can tell the substrate they use is basically a dense carbon pad and then a cathode and electrode which I assume is copper and aluminum or something. Could this style of battery not be built using large 55 gallon poly barrels and ocean salt water as ocean water around here contains about 35 grams of salt per liter. I am wondering if I can just find myself a source for carbon pads or rods?

I have also seen this supposed tech is this liquid vanadium flow system (Redux flow) Which again needs a lot of space to build but that's fine. I think this system can be built with sodium as well, back to the ocean water concept.

I also have access to basically a unlimited supply of cinder on island and or cinder powder if needed.

I thought it was a little more complicated than that. They really undersold that aspect of it though...

Back