diy solar

diy solar

Solid state relay for inverter

I am needing advice if this will work to switch a power inverter toggle on/off al la Will Prowse video. The link in his video points to a SSR they seems to have sky rocketed in price. 24V battery
Also will it work with a low voltage disconnect vs a bms?

solid state relay
I've checked the first link that you shared and according to me it's not suitable for you task. Instead of it, you should buy Single Phase AC-AC SSR Solid State Relay and double check your requirements before purchasing any item. It can achieve the purpose of connecting and disconnecting the circuit without contact or spark by using the switching characteristics of electronic components.

P.S: It's my suggestion, you may agree or disagree.

I've checked the first link that you shared and according to me it's not suitable for you task. Instead of it, you should buy Single Phase AC-AC SSR Solid State Relay and double check your requirements before purchasing any item. It can achieve the purpose of connecting and disconnecting the circuit without contact or spark by using the switching characteristics of electronic components.

P.S: It's my suggestion, you may agree or disagree.
An AC-AC SSR Solid State Relay will NOT work. A DC-DC model is required since everything being switched, as well as the input, is low voltage DC.

I am needing advice if this will work to switch a power inverter toggle on/off al la Will Prowse video. The link in his video points to a SSR they seems to have sky rocketed in price. 24V battery
Also will it work with a low voltage disconnect vs a bms?

The answer is in general the combination is fine SsRs need to be rated conservatively and need to have the heat conduction ability to handle normal loads. Heat is the enemy here
But technically yes it will work but clearly you need to decide to switch via dc or ac

Back