diy solar

diy solar

Solis 3 Phase hybrid inverter backup

jawn22

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum here - some great threads I stumbled across doing my research, but unfortunately none covering this specific setup that I could find.

We're in the process of building a new garage with home office/annex above, and renovating our house. We have UK Power Networks providing a new 3Phase line to the garage and then have the builders running a submain from garage to house. We don't have many 3phase loads other than car chargers but due to overall power demand/future proofing, we've opted for 3phase.

Without going into all the detail on exact setup, we're looking to install the following and I have a few questions - I'm not able to figure these out from the user manual so hoping others have experience?

- Inverter = SOLIS-RHI-3P10K-HVES-5G-DC (3phase 10kw Hybrid)
- Battery = Pylontech force H1
- Solar panels - TBC at a later date once house renovation starts moving

Our main aim at the moment is to charge the battery off-peak with octopus GO and use the battery during the peak rate day time, as well as provide backup power on some critical circuits for short powercuts which we seem to have a few times per month.

Regarding the backup circuit, as I want to ensure we're correctly considering the wiring in the garage/annex/house, I understand the inverter can do ~14.4A backup power per phase and ~14.4A per phase on the GRID connected AC side . Obviously when the grid IS DISCONNECTED, the output across phases will be limited to the overall output from the Pylontech H1 (~37A continuous).

Questions:
1. Re the backup A per phase - if the Grid IS CONNECTED - can the backup circuits draw more than 14.4A continuously? Or must they not exceed 14.4A?
2. The overall rating of the inverter is 10KW . In cases where the GRID IS CONNECTED - if the backup circuits are drawing 14.4A per phase continuously (~10KW) then will the inverter supply any power back on the GRID tied AC output? Or is it 10KW TOTAL (aka either backup or Grid AC side/combination across the two not exceeding 10KW) I assume so as that makes logical sense but wanted to check?
3. Given then output from the battery is ~37A continuous, if the load across the backup phases are inbalanced (but <37A total), I assume the inverter can handle the inbalance? I think so based on the fact it says so but it on references the backup and not imbalance on the GRID tied AC Output. Does it support imbalance on the GRID tied AC Output too?
4. During powercut/GRID disconnected, and once we get solar installed, can the inverter utilise the solar for the backup circuit? Additionally, can it combine the solar output with the battery output to achieve a >37A (from the battery) continuous output on the backup circuit?

I ask #1 because it would make some cabling simpler if we can have >14.4A on each phase of backup and then manually reduce load during powercut.

As a side note, has anyone integrated a Solis inverter into Home Assistant? I'm quite an avid home assistant user and trying to pull everything into it. There seems to be a few ways to pull it into HA but any quirks to be aware of?

Jonathan

Back