diy solar

diy solar

Solis hybrid inverter pylontech battery not charging/discharging

pandacraft

We recently installed a 10kwh solis hybrid inverter with around 21 panels. This all works great but we just got our pylontech 5kwh batterij today but it just doesnt seem to work. We connected the positive and negative leads to the hybrid inverter and the can rj45 cable to the battery and the inverter. We are able to read the current battery voltage but thats about it. Trying to "wake up" the battery in the inverter settings doesnt do anything aswell. Did we do something wrong? Any help will be appreciated to get this working

Did you try the pylontech admin/console port to see any info?

I tried the console port with a rj45 to usb serial cable but there was no ouput on the com port

Hi same issue, try stopping bat and reconecting (on off switch) ... when reconected push some seconds the round red button (SW).. It worked with my plontech US3000 ... but only some days...

Can comm fail comes back when the battery is turned off when i turn it back on that errors goes away and its stsying on no battery error....

If the CANcomm error disappears, sounds like you have the comms working between Solis and battery. Obviously assume you have configured battery type as PylonLV. The No Battery error sounds like the Solis isn't seeing the battery voltage. What details do you get on the Solis info page about battery data (IIRC its page 3 of 4). Have you checked the wiring and fuses between Solis and Pylon are all OK?

We do not have pylonlv battery type only pylon in the solis further the cables between the pylon battery and the solis inverter are fine and working. We can see the battery voltage in the information screen on the inverter tho

Confusingly, there are 2 battery voltage readings on the Solis - if the BMS info screen is empty the pylon is not communicating correctly over CAN bus. I'd suggest getting the pylon console port working to see what is happening.

we have made our own can cable as per this picture we will see tomorrow if this works the included cable looks dead if we go through it with a rj45 tester.

I have a Solis 5K Hybrid inverter connected to5 Pylontech US2000 batteries. EVERYTHING on the inverter info screens shows all ok, NO error message about battery, CAN OK, BMS info screen all shows normal etc etc, cables and fuses all fine, EXCEPT I cannot get more than one or 2 watts (not kw - watts) to go in to the battery to charge it and not more than 2 or 3 watts of discharge, no matter what I do with the various menus in Advance Settings. Software all up to date, thanks to a Solis technician accessing my system remotely, but he could not sort out the no charge/discharge situation, and is no longer available to help! I have tried disconnecting and re-connecting the batteries, but this does not help - seems almost that there may be some sort of 'fuse' or battery inside the solis inverter itself which has tripped? Any ideas?

Attached is the BMS page of the Info screen for my SOlis Hybrid 5k inverter

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 46
Problem was found by us btw we had a LV batterij ours only accepts HV batteries.........

Same problem here.
We installed a 10 kW Solis inverter with 3 L1 Force pylontech batteries.
When I started the inverter I get the error message NO BATTERY. But the voltage of the battery is displayed on the inverter and all the connections seems to be fine.

I have the issue where my Pylontech US5000 charge no problem but they barely discharge anything so I’m constantly pulling from the grid when I shouldn’t have to. It then looks like everything I generate goes back to the grid as opposed to using anything which is really annoying!!! Anybody have this issue?

I have the issue where my Pylontech US5000 charge no problem but they barely discharge anything so I’m constantly pulling from the grid when I shouldn’t have to. It then looks like everything I generate goes back to the grid as opposed to using anything which is really annoying!!! Anybody have this issue?
Is this with a Solis? Are your CT clamp(s) installed correctly and the data on the screen showing what you'd expect? Has it always been like that since installation?

Hi. Yes it’s a Solis Hybrid and have checked the CT Clamp and it’s in the correct orientation. I’ve only had it in 2 and a bit weeks so guess it has. The issue is the LCD on the inverter screen shows zero load on the house but the App show a constant load in the house that fluctuates near enough to what you’d expect. Have 100% confirmed that the batteries aren’t discharging when the load in the house needs them to and I’m them pulling off the grid when I have 2 full batteries that I should be drawing from. Just can’t figure out what’s wrong or what setting needs to be changed????

The issue is the LCD on the inverter screen shows zero load on the house ...
If the inverter 'thinks' the house load is zero, then it makes sense that the Solis won't discharge from battery. Is this a solar-hybrid (RHI) install or an energy storage (RAI) system? If the latter, then I understood there should be 2 CT clamps configured.

In either case - is the RS485 data link showing OK on the Solis main screen? Is the CT clamp setting on the Solis set to 'grid'?

It's odd that you are getting different house load readings from the Solis screen vs. the Solis App - one would have thought that the data for both indicators derive from the same source... :unsure:

Is it a DIY install? If so, maybe call Solis tech support; if not, then call the installers back pronto. Do keep the thread updated, so other's can learn what the fix was.

Back