diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G and Pylontech US5000 battery settings

FarmingMartin

Hi has anyone got the following setup
Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G and Pylontech US5000 battery set up that is working correctly. By working correctly I mean charging from excess solar and exporting from battery to house consumption when required.
If possible can you post your settings used on the inverter.
I had this set up installed two weeks ago but as of yet can't get it to work correctly.
I need the setting for this model inverter and battery only so I can check my settings as the installer can't find what is causing the problem yet.

You have not described your problem?
Basically the battery does not charge from just solar as it should but from both grid and solar, I.E panels producing 600W battery charging at 1.5Kw. Also battery does not export to house hold when consumption is greater that solar is producing. IE battery 100% charged but not exporting at all.
One other issue battery seems to shut off when inverter is connected to grid. IE all lights go off on battery when inverter grid trip is switched on, but lights come on when inverter grid isolator is switch off.
But also battery randomly come back to life and starts to charge for approximately 10 minutes before shutting off again, even when not fully charged.

Hi has anyone got the following setup
Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G and Pylontech US5000 battery set up that is working correctly. By working correctly I mean charging from excess solar and exporting from battery to house consumption when required.
If possible can you post your settings used on the inverter.
I had this set up installed two weeks ago but as of yet can't get it to work correctly.
I need the setting for this model inverter and battery only so I can check my settings as the installer can't find what is causing the problem yet.
Hi Martin has this been sorted? if not I can go see what my setup is as I have the same.

I don't know if you've managed to sort your problem yet? but if not you may find the series of videos on YouTube by "PK on Solis" useful, I believe his setup is similar although he has one of the multi line display inverters, mine's only got two but the menus appear very similar, just takes more scrolling on a two line display. Anyway, well worth a look as he covers various scenarios.
I found one very helpful when setting up Economy 7 for an overnight charge. I watched a similar one by an American but he rattled through it so fast it was almost impossible to follow.

Hi Martin has this been sorted? if not I can go see what my setup is as I have the same.

Yes... he got it sorted. Installer had put CT clamps in wrong places - see this posting...

Back