diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G not waking Pylontech US3000c from idle

MartinH

Hello everyone,

I have a Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G with two Pylontech US3000C's. I am running on Self-Use mode so the batteries are only being charged by excess solar. I am running with Min SOC of 20% with a Force Charge at 17%. During the winter it has been running at those levels quite a bit.

Performance has generally been great since install last March but I am now experiencing an intermittent fault where the batteries are not being charged when Solar PV generation exceeds the house demand. I have to manually power-off the batteries and restart them to make them start charging again. In this example [11:10] I have 2KW solar generation which was more than enough to run the fridge etc, but the batteries are idling with a single flashing 'RUN' light on each. No errors reported by the inverter which says 'battery normal' on the display.Slide1.PNG

After restarting [12:39] the batteries the SOC lights on the US3000's illuminate and charging commences.Slide2.PNG

I have noticed that this problem only happens when the batteries have been idling with BMS = 0 amps and that is more likely to happen if I have run down to the Min SOC. Usually when the batteries are cycling between Min SOC and Force charge (20 & 17%) the BMS Battery current is indicated at -0.4 amps, but sometimes it goes to zero and then I get the fault.

[you can also see false 100% SOC spikes in the data that cannot be real - I assume it's a SOC calculation error in the inverter.]

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has experienced a similar problem or if anyone has a possible solution or workaround.

I am following up with my installer and Solis so will post an update if we make progress.

Many thanks!

The Solis service agent updated the firmware and since I have been keeping a close eye on things. I still get the occasional false 100% SOC spike, but the batteries have worked correctly without 'going to sleep'. I wonder if it was something to do with running them down at min SOC for several days when there was not enough sun to charge them?

I have a similar(ish) issue.

I have the Solis S5-EHIP3.6K-L inverter with Pylon US2000 batteries.

I find when the batteries reach a SOC of around 90%+, and demand exceeds solar generation the battery goes into idle mode and stays there until I reset it manually.

If I increase the load to ensure 90% isn't reached, then they work as expected.

It is really frustrating at the inverter is in the loft and not easy to reset.

I have the same problem as you - batteries goinmg idle and not waking up when they should when charged > 95%. Did you ever get a solution?

Back