diy solar

diy solar

Solis RAI-3K-48ES-5G with 'User-Defined' Battery control - effect on Battery BMS?

MartinH

Does anyone know whether 'User-Defined' battery controls on a Solis inverter results in the battery BMS being ignored / over-ridden?

Background: I am running a pair of Pylontech US3000C's and am considering using User-defined settings instead of the PYLON settings in an attempt to avoid occasional battery over-voltage errors, but I don't want to unwittingly over-ride any important protection features coming from the batteries' BMS.

User-Defined is Solis Inverters follows voltage and current settings, there is no BMS communications used. The downside is there is no protection for out of balance cells within the battery connected as only the full pack values are seen by the inverter.

Thanks Solar Guppy for your response. I can see with the User-Defined profile there is still some BMS communications because the inverter shows 'BMS normal' and it reports a battery voltage and current and has applied a discharge current that over-rides the value I had entered on the inverter. It's disappointing if cell balance is no longer monitored or acted upon with a user-defined profile.

I guess I'll just have to stick with the default PYLON profile and put up with the regular battery over-voltage alarms which is probably down to an individual cell.

Back