diy solar

diy solar

Solis RHI-5G Hydrid Inverter Max discharge limit

Iain2252

Hi, I was hoping that someone could confirm that my interpretation of the Solis datasheets / manuals are correct. I currently have a RHI-5K-48ES-5G 5KW inverter with just over 18 Kwh of Pylontech batteries. I was looking to change it out for the 6Kw version however it appears that the limit on battery discharge is still 100 amps? I assume this means the only time I would ever be able to use the full capacity of 6KW is in the day with both the batteries and solar (if producing enough)?

That is my interpretation. I went for the 6kW over the 5kW as the price difference was insignificant (£30 as I recall) and I did this for reliability reasons. There should be more component design margin with a solar panel load of 5kW using the 6kW inverter (providing there is a component difference and its not just firmware !) and therefore reliability should be better. But I have read one one forum that inverters in general are more efficient at their maximum load, but have no evidence of this, it could be internet chat room noise. But I value reliability over gaining a few percentage points on efficiency.

Does somebody knows how much Watt does the inverter Solis rhi-5k-48es-5g consume.
You probably know that some inverter consume 70 Watt or more per hour.

Therfore, I am looking for somebody that has an experience with inverter Solis rhi-5k-48es-5g !
Does somebody knows.
Thank's

I have the 6kW version. I recently put in a query to solis technical support on a related question and they told me the expected consumption is between 40-60W, but I have not been able to verify that with my set-up. That would mount up over 24hrs to ~1kWh but I believe this is typical of most inverters on the market.

Does somebody knows how much Watt does the inverter Solis rhi-5k-48es-5g consume.
You probably know that some inverter consume 70 Watt or more per hour.

Therfore, I am looking for somebody that has an experience with inverter Solis rhi-5k-48es-5g !
Does somebody knows.
Thank's
We have the rhi-3.6k-48es-5g. It consumes about 30W from battery - so, overnight we get 1% of 15kWh battery used per 5 hours approx, so not much.

I would expect the rhi-5k-48es-5g to be about the same to run its internal electronics.

Hi, I was hoping that someone could confirm that my interpretation of the Solis datasheets / manuals are correct. I currently have a RHI-5K-48ES-5G 5KW inverter with just over 18 Kwh of Pylontech batteries. I was looking to change it out for the 6Kw version however it appears that the limit on battery discharge is still 100 amps? I assume this means the only time I would ever be able to use the full capacity of 6KW is in the day with both the batteries and solar (if producing enough)?
Hi, well maybe you have found out by now, but the maximum load a household incoming electricity breaker can take is 100A.

Hi, well maybe you have found out by now, but the maximum load a household incoming electricity breaker can take is 100A.
Not that that matters as we are talking about 48V DC battery current here, not 230V AC (approx) mains.

The typical UK house breaker at 100A will allow 23 kW of power (13.8 kW if you've got a 60 A breaker). The batteries are running at a nominal 48V DC and at 100A will only give/take 4.8 kW maximum.

Back