diy solar

diy solar

[SOLVED] MPP LV6048 Utility Charging

philatio

I've searched the threads, but can't find a discussion about my specific situation.

I have an MPP Solar LV6048 and 4 x EG4-LL batteries (400ah/20.48kwh) . I am not charging with solar yet. Only charging with utility power currently.

I have the AC input of the inverter hooked up to a dedicated 30amp circuit in the main panel. L1, L2, N, & G on inverter connected with 10 gauge wire (12 gauge ground) to the main panel.

I have setting number 11 on the inverter, Maximum utility charging current set to the default of 30A. When charging, my Victron smart shut shows I'm pulling just over 27amp and roughly 1450 watts. When I check the power draw on my dryer, which is also on a dedicated 30 amp circuit, it pulls around 4000 watts.

Can anyone shed some light on why the inverter is only pulling a fraction of the watts that a 30 amp circuit is capable of delivering?

It takes around 14 hours to recharge the batteries when they are discharged to an SOC of between 5%. I figured I could charge faster than that with a 30 amp dedicated circuit.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure i understand.

Are you saying that this actually sets the amps that the inverter mppts output to the batteries?

If that's the case what could I set this to for drawing utility power to inverter batteries ?

I actually changed the setting temporarily to 60 amps and now I'm pulling 56 amps without popping the main panel 30 amp dedicated circuit at just over 3000 watts.

I'm not sure i understand.

Are you saying that this actually sets the amps that the inverter mppts output to the batteries?

If that's the case what could I set this to for drawing utility power to inverter batteries ?

I actually changed the setting temporarily to 60 amps and now I'm pulling 56 amps without popping the main panel 30 amp dedicated circuit at just over 3000 watts.
If you are feeding it with 30A @240V you have 7200w available to charge your batteries. I would set my controller @ 100 amps Max. This is the system I am running for reference. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/m...e-304ah-lifepo4-battery-14-kw-pv-array.32343/

The max utility charging on the LV6048 is 60 amps. Combined solar ac charging max is 220 amps I think.

I set the max utility charging to 60 amps and am pulling 3030 watts.

That cuts changing time in half. From 12pm. when I switched the house from being battery powered to grid powered, the battery SOC has gone from 8% to 92%.

I was misunderstanding setting 11's meaning.

Thanks for the redirection/education.

Consider this solved

Back