diy solar

diy solar

Some help needed. 10KW DIY Solar + 14,3KWh DIY Battery

Cha0s2k

Moin! there!
I'm Sascha, 35 years old, from Germany, electrician for house installations.
Or at least that's what I've learned a few years ago.
Currently i'm working as technician for electricity meter / smart metering installations for commercial companies.
But i'm not really into the solar business, and my knowlegde base here is more or less basic.
I would do all the installation work on my own, so at least no wage costs.

I'm currently planing to sanitize my 1972, 144qm "one family" house a bit.
Within this i've planed to install a ~10KW solar and a ~14kwh 48V battery.
14kW heat pump for heating and warm water supply, instead of a 2001 oil heater.
And a lot of insulation :whistle:

My goal is to get rid of fossil energies and the markets as far as possible.
Without throwing my money out of the window o_O
So it still has to be reasonable.

This what i've planed so far:
~10KW solar panels, each ~400Wp

Batterypack:
16x 280Ah 3,2V LiFePo4 = 14,3KWh at 51,2V
BMS:
Typical chinese 250A 48V

I watched hours on Youtube, and read a lot in the internet and still couldn't find the perfect solution so far. :(
Mostly i'm just getting more confused, because of the variety of installations on Youtube and so on.

What i'm looking for:
A solution for an on grid system, that can charge my batteries on high solar times, and discharge them into the night or times with high demand.
Does anything exist that can do this for me?
I've found a lot of hyrid inverters in the net, but none that can fulfill my needs with a DIY battery pack?
I've found solutions where i need at least 2-3 different inverters/chargers and so on. That's not really my favorite.

Ain't there a more simple solution for my needs? Aint there a hybrid inverter, that can do all this?

So far, so good. Hope you can help me with some thoughts and lines of text :giggle:(y)

Okay, so what you will be requiring is a Hybrid inverter. it will have exporting options disabled, growatt, Goodwe 10kilo watt, Fronius, and sol-ark does that.
you will be needing server rack batteries you should compare the price and from what I understand I'm newbie and the same in your position, not all inverters will allow you to just connect the batteries some have restrictions cannot work until the BMS communicate (I could be wrong) also the load if it has an inductive load you will be needing an inverter that can handle the surge of heat pumps (that have transformer inside them LVX 6048 and are three-phase AC) you will be needing more battery to handle the current if the heat pump takes 14kWh load it would take an hour to drain your battery and start taking load from the grid,

You should look towards server rack batteries of LiPO4 which are 100AH at 48volts each having their own BMS and circuit breaker, building and working on your own rack could be costly.

There is also High voltage inverters that charge batteries at more than 50 volts going towards 200-400 volts and they do not allow DIY battery packs.

You need to write your monthly bill for us to understand how you can zero out your bill.

I have been studying a similar need for a friend. It appears that some of the hybrid inverters operate from a DC bus that is at the battery voltage. So they are always drawing power from the battery to deliver any output. The battery is kept up by grid charging, by solar charging, or is being drained down. Some other hybrid inverters appear to operate from a high voltage DC bus so that the grid, solar, or the battery power the high voltage DC. If the battery needs charged, the high voltage DC is down converted to charge the batteries. This type inverter can operate without a battery, which seems to be the key factor to determine if the unit is one that is operating from the high voltage DC bus. The Sol-Ark seems to be one of those high voltage DC bus type. The Sol-Ark is one that I have been looking at.

Back