diy solar

diy solar

Something you should know about Big Battery 170 amp Power Block before making a final decission

1holaguy

Just an FYI concerning ordering a Big Battery 170 AHr 12V power block. I went to order this by phone today. I was planning to start with a single unit and then add to that as space and need direct. Alex at their customer service was very helpful and plesent. What caught me off guard was the $300 shipping cost. I had previously done a lot of research on this BB unit as well as the Battle Born, SOK and DIY options and decided the Big Battery option was the best for the money, however based on weight and size I expected ground shipment from California to Louisiana would be about $50-$75. I was really taken back at the $300 price tag.

Now this may be a base price that is the same whether you are buying 1 or 10 units (or however many fit on a pallet). I did not ask that question. If you are thinking of buying only one or two units you may want to consider this before making a final decision. An SOK is more expensive in raw cost $/AHr but when you add in the freight ($300/$0) the math changes. With the added freight cost Big Battery is closer to Battle Born is cost.

Sale!

12V 170Ah LiFePO4 Power Block​

$999.99 $899.99

NEW POWER BLOCK – FREE SHIPPING!

===================================
I see $899 with free shipping on their web site now.

That's strange... I've been watching that battery for about a month now on their website and I don't remember NOT seeing the Free Shipping advertising?

Do they only charge shipping if you order by phone :rolleyes:

Lithiumsolar Just did some testing and teardown of the 12v Power Block on Youtube also get a 10% off powerblock battery from his video.

Back