diy solar

diy solar

Sorotec REVO II 5.5K-48 (Please Review)

Would you recommend the REVO II 5.5K-48 hybrid inverter for residential use from Sorotec?

• Yes

• No

• 80% Yes

• 80% No

Results are only viewable after voting.

fadees

Any drawback you have encountered? Was it solved?
Any other Chinese inverters that you recommend with good quality vs price equation?
How much did you have to pay for it in USD?

Thank you all for your answers, this would provide a lot of help before i order couple of inverters.

Have a good day

Attachments

• Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 11
I have it, both 5.5kw and 3.2kw. works ok.zero issues.

Deye brand appears to be the best of all known chinese brands. Compares favourably against the victrons and Magnums

The specs look like MPP LVX-6048 other than the weight 16 kg versus 26 kg. The heavier the inverter the better it is build. I also like buying from Taiwan rather than China.

I have it, both 5.5kw and 3.2kw. works ok.zero issues.

Deye brand appears to be the best of all known chinese brands. Compares favourably against the victrons and Magnums
how long have you had them? did you buy them directly from the supplier in China?

The specs look like MPP LVX-6048 other than the weight 16 kg versus 26 kg. The heavier the inverter the better it is build. I also like buying from Taiwan rather than China.
The weight as mentioned in one website is 39kg! That is much heavier. The reason for heavier is it because a low frequency inverter?

how long have you had them? did you buy them directly from the supplier in China?
Oldest unit is about 10months.

1 unit wasnt earthed and got damaged by a lightning strike, Sorotec sent me a replacement board free of charge with my next purchase.

If you have less than 500usd to spend, fo for sorotec, if your budget is upto 850usd, go for Growatt, if you have upto 1500usd..I recommend Deye.

I bought my sorotecs from their official alibaba shop

Oldest unit is about 10months.

1 unit wasnt earthed and got damaged by a lightning strike, Sorotec sent me a replacement board free of charge with my next purchase.

If you have less than 500usd to spend, fo for sorotec, if your budget is upto 850usd, go for Growatt, if you have upto 1500usd..I recommend Deye.

I bought my sorotecs from their official alibaba shop
Thank you for your reply and valuable information. We will definitely take that into consideration.

Warm wishes,

Any drawback you have encountered? Was it solved?
Any other Chinese inverters that you recommend with good quality vs price equation?
How much did you have to pay for it in USD?

Thank you all for your answers, this would provide a lot of help before i order couple of inverters.

Have a good day

I have 6 of the 5.5kw. I'm in the process of switching to MPP solar 5k units

I had various issues with them from screens not working right. Being told I don't have to have any batteries hooked up to them for them to work. That's true and not true. Yes 1 unit but not more than 1. Was mislead on that. Had 1 where the PV side quit working.. another time a board smoked up.. they are 230/240 volt output only. So If your in North America your gonna have to buy an autotransformer or transformer. I have a 37.5 kw transformer.

Cost me $1000 each by the time I had to pay import tax. The mpp 5ks I bought cost me 800 each with options added.
It is a 5.5 kw unit but will do a lot more. Warning beeps will go off but keep on going.
I've had times where units will cut off and I have to reset them with little load on them. Happened several times.
No updates. Unless you wanna buy a new board.

The screws will strip out in a new York minute but so does the mpp solar so be careful on tightening up wires.

I've had mine since July of 20 but up and working since November.

I have 6 of the 5.5kw. I'm in the process of switching to MPP solar 5k units

I had various issues with them from screens not working right. Being told I don't have to have any batteries hooked up to them for them to work. That's true and not true. Yes 1 unit but not more than 1. Was mislead on that. Had 1 where the PV side quit working.. another time a board smoked up.. they are 230/240 volt output only. So If your in North America your gonna have to buy an autotransformer or transformer. I have a 37.5 kw transformer.

Cost me $1000 each by the time I had to pay import tax. The mpp 5ks I bought cost me 800 each with options added.
It is a 5.5 kw unit but will do a lot more. Warning beeps will go off but keep on going.
I've had times where units will cut off and I have to reset them with little load on them. Happened several times.
No updates. Unless you wanna buy a new board.

The screws will strip out in a new York minute but so does the mpp solar so be careful on tightening up wires.

I've had mine since July of 20 but up and working since November.
Hello Bleeding Blue,

Thank you for your update, i am really flattered to see solar enthusiasts reply and care about each other. I guess your reply coincides also with other respondents about the issue that more than one inverter could have some issues if they are not connected to batteries. But i believe regarding the price, we cannot wait for the inverter to do lot more.

In all cases, appreciate your reply.

have a great day,

so the sorotec lithium support is all but rudimentary...i selected lithium battery and everything is all grayed out.

how does the lithium support work?

i ended up editing the bulk and float voltage settings to 55.4v and 55.2v respectively for my 16s 280ah lifepo4 bank

No updates. Unless you wanna buy a new board
Is this in relation to Sorotec or MPP Solar?

so the sorotec lithium support is all but rudimentary...i selected lithium battery and everything is all grayed out.

how does the lithium support work?

i ended up editing the bulk and float voltage settings to 55.4v and 55.2v respectively for my 16s 280ah lifepo4 bank
Hello, I have the SOROTEC LiFePO4 battery, 48V 100 Ah, and attached is the datasheet. I installed it along with a SOROTEC REVO II 5.5 KW inverter since August 2021. Few weeks ago I got these two fault codes:
Fault Code: 80280000
Warning Code: 80000200
these are still displayed now in the inverter screen once you click to see the battery status. Can anybody help decipher those 2 error codes? I asked for the user manual from SOROTEC but no luck in getting that so far. Thanks for the help in advance !!

Attachments

• Lithium_Iron Battery.jpeg
    Lithium_Iron Battery.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 8
Hello, I have the SOROTEC LiFePO4 battery, 48V 100 Ah, and attached is the datasheet. I installed it along with a SOROTEC REVO II 5.5 KW inverter since August 2021. Few weeks ago I got these two fault codes:
these are still displayed now in the inverter screen once you click to see the battery status. Can anybody help decipher those 2 error codes? I asked for the user manual from SOROTEC but no luck in getting that so far. Thanks for the help in advance !!

Attachments

• Lithium_Iron Battery.jpeg
    Lithium_Iron Battery.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 5

I know the manual they send with it is horrible.

Back