diy solar

diy solar

Sorotec REVO II 5,5Kw / EASUN( AXPERT/POWLAND) IGRID VE II 5,5KW

Thanks,
Meanwhile having issues with the inverter display values.

5.5kw unit....AC/houseload wattage is wrong

3.2kw unit.......Battery side draw/charging is also wrong. AC houseload could be wrong as well, not so sure.

An easy way of recalibrating these values??

Thanks,
Meanwhile having issues with the inverter display values.

5.5kw unit....AC/houseload wattage is wrong

3.2kw unit.......Battery side draw/charging is also wrong. AC houseload could be wrong as well, not so sure.

An easy way of recalibrating these values??
Yes there is.

its mentioned before in this thread and the needed software has been uploaded to this forum.
BUT (!) it won't get a lot better (!)

For me? I simply placed AM meters at solar panels, battery and AC side.
the number are off, way off.
Or better, depending on the power used, they can be way off.

Where the mppt reports =5300 watt, real life is 4300.
At 3500 watt solar it's OK.
For me sad, as I have over 5500 watt on solar on the Revo's (2x) and loose at peak 1000 watt.
Not really that sad.
Usually my batteries are fully recharged around 13-14.00.
At overcast, I don't reach any peak, so not a problem there.
and no overcast, well.... 2.5-3 hours sunny day hours left without issues...

The peak of 5500 isn't needed for me to reach.
but would have been nice :)
perhaps in the future I do some rewiring and new placement of the solar panels, make 4x 11 panel strings.
Those will be peak about 3500-3750watt, and the problem is solved :)

I am trying to figure out if I can improve the MPPT's by replacing some parts, that's a long term project.

For accuracy of shunts and measuring, Sorotec doesn't win the grand price.
Overall price / quality / features ?
For me they do :cool:

Yes there is.

its mentioned before in this thread and the needed software has been uploaded to this forum.
BUT (!) it won't get a lot better (!)

For me? I simply placed AM meters at solar panels, battery and AC side.
the number are off, way off.
Or better, depending on the power used, they can be way off.

Where the mppt reports =5300 watt, real life is 4300.
At 3500 watt solar it's OK.
For me sad, as I have over 5500 watt on solar on the Revo's (2x) and loose at peak 1000 watt.
Not really that sad.
Usually my batteries are fully recharged around 13-14.00.
At overcast, I don't reach any peak, so not a problem there.
and no overcast, well.... 2.5-3 hours sunny day hours left without issues...

The peak of 5500 isn't needed for me to reach.
but would have been nice :)
perhaps in the future I do some rewiring and new placement of the solar panels, make 4x 11 panel strings.
Those will be peak about 3500-3750watt, and the problem is solved :)

I am trying to figure out if I can improve the MPPT's by replacing some parts, that's a long term project.

For accuracy of shunts and measuring, Sorotec doesn't win the grand price.
Overall price / quality / features ?
For me they do :cool:
Could you post pictures of AM meter?. Especially at pv side

Could you post pictures of AM meter?. Especially at pv side
Yes I can.

This should work :)

For DC battery, if you need more ampere, there are many different options.

Many options

Hi guys,
maybe someone can help me with IGrid VE II 3K. Device is just purchased. all works like aliexpres products. :(

My question is:
There is any possibility change inverter modes (switching between AC mode -> Battery mode and back) via USB from computer or raspberry?
I need scheduled switching between those modes.
Will be very appriciate for any help.
Thank you in advance!

Hi guys,
maybe someone can help me with IGrid VE II 3K. Device is just purchased. all works like aliexpres products. :(

My question is:
There is any possibility change inverter modes (switching between AC mode -> Battery mode and back) via USB from computer or raspberry?
I need scheduled switching between those modes.
Will be very appriciate for any help.
Thank you in advance!
Not really.

What is possible is to simply turn the inverter off.

As u live off grid and have no experience if this will stop also AC passing, it might not work.

Any programmable DC switch can be used.
Just 2 wires that connect (on) or disconnect (off) with your power switch.

I know people who have more then one Revo II (parallel mode) and turn 1 or 2 off at night to preserve power consumption of the inverters themselves.

Usually power consumption for the house is lower when people sleep :)

First of all, hello to everyone
I have an iGrid VEII 5.5kW Powland and I want to connect 8kWh batteries from Chevrolet Volt (48V 12S3P LiIon) to it I want to modify the parameters using WatchPower or SolarPower and a PC because I want to charge the battery to 50V and then switch it to offgrid (Paramter: Back to discharge voltage as in the picture)
Unfortunately, when I try to change the parameter and use the application, the application displays an error (I am logged in as an administrator) - I do not know what to do - I use RJ45-> RS232 -> USB, I also tried with RS232-> RS232 COM connector from WiFi I always have this error - what could be the cause?
I will try a desktop computer with built-in COM and Win7 because now I was doing this laptop with Win10.
Maybe there is some software dedicated to these Powland inverters?
I will be very grateful for your help
Tom
You cant change any parameters in yhe software. Only in the touch screen.

Hi, there is many questions about the working of the REVO II series from Sorotec ( same model as EASUN IGRID VE II ).

After many questions to the Engineers, i finally got mine to work.

General Function - This inverter doesn´t like to work with a PV array with Open Circuit Voltage over 300volts. Be sure you set and configure your array to be under 300volts.

CT Limiting Function
- PV Open Circuit Voltage below 300volts
- having a CT sensor 100A/0,333volts
- The CT sensor must be in the correct direction, load displays ( - ) Watts, feed in displays ( + ) Watts. if wrong, just change the direction of the sensor.
- Working Mode - AC+PV with CT sensor Selected
- Ongrid Mode - Set to OFF

You the can calibrate you CT sensor in the other menu to match you load correctly.

Battery
If you are working with LIFEPO4 cells, in the battery menu , select USER and define Bulk and Float

If you have batteries, and you select AC+PV the battery will act as a UPS, only discharges if the AC power goes off. From my findings the PV only powers loads and batter, it will feed the grid with the remaining power.
I tryed pushing more loads and it got it from the grid, not from the battery, so i assume it is backup only mode.

I also got a software for battery voltage and amps calibration but i haven't tested it yet.

Monitoring
For monitoring, i use Jblance code in a raspberry pi. I got the protocol from this inverter and JBlance manage to put it in the software and it is working fine.

you can use Wifi Logger and the app works ok, but i as looking for more detail, that is what i get from graphana in home assistant.

Any help i can give about this inverter, just ask.
Hi, can you show me how the monitoring with jblance on rpi and Revo works.
I don´t know how tu set up the RPI.
It is posible to control the REVO II with jblance to switch between on and offdrid-mode?

Hi, there is many questions about the working of the REVO II series from Sorotec ( same model as EASUN IGRID VE II ).

General Function - This inverter doesn´t like to work with a PV array with Open Circuit Voltage over 300volts. Be sure you set and configure your array to be under 300volts.

CT Limiting Function
- The CT sensor must be in the correct direction, load displays ( - ) Watts, feed in displays ( + ) Watts. if wrong, just change the direction of the sensor.

You the can calibrate you CT sensor in the other menu to match you load correctly.

Battery
If you are working with LIFEPO4 cells, in the battery menu , select USER and define Bulk and Float

If you have batteries, and you select AC+PV the battery will act as a UPS, only discharges if the AC power goes off. From my findings the PV only powers loads and batter, it will feed the grid with the remaining power.
I tryed pushing more loads and it got it from the grid, not from the battery, so i assume it is backup only mode.

I also got a software for battery voltage and amps calibration but i haven't tested it yet.

Monitoring
For monitoring, i use Jblance code in a raspberry pi. I got the protocol from this inverter and JBlance manage to put it in the software and it is working fine.

you can use Wifi Logger and the app works ok, but i as looking for more detail, that is what i get from graphana in home assistant.

Hi sir,
I have an issue with the sorotec hybrid 3.5KW VM2.
Even if there s full sun. It doesnt give me full charging to the batteries (even if the load is very low)
But once the grid is on it gives me full charge from the solar not the grid.
Please help

CT Limiting Function

Battery
Wenn Sie mit LIFEPO4-Zellen arbeiten, wählen Sie im Batteriemenü USER und definieren Sie Bulk und Float

Wenn Sie Batterien haben und AC+PV auswählen, fungiert die Batterie als USV und entlädt sich nur, wenn der Wechselstrom ausfällt. Nach meinen Erkenntnissen versorgt die PV nur Lasten und Batterien, sie speist das Netz mit dem verbleibenden Strom ein.
Ich habe versucht, mehr Lasten zu schieben, und es kam aus dem Netz, nicht aus der Batterie, also gehe ich davon aus, dass es sich um einen reinen Backup-Modus handelt.

Ich habe auch eine Software für die Batteriespannungs- und Amperekalibrierung, aber ich habe sie noch nicht getestet.

Überwachung
Zur Überwachung verwende ich Jblance-Code in einem Himbeer-Pi. Ich habe das Protokoll von diesem Wechselrichter erhalten und JBlance schafft es, es in die Software einzufügen, und es funktioniert einwandfrei.

Sie können Wifi Logger verwenden und die App funktioniert gut, aber ich suche nach mehr Details, das bekomme ich von graphana im Heimassistenten.

Wenn ich Hilfe zu diesem Wechselrichter geben kann, fragen Sie einfach.
verwende einen Wechselrichter Typ Easunpower Igrid VE II mit 4x12V 230 Ah Bleibatterie und 10x400W in 5s2p. Im Ongrid-Modus wird der Akku in jedem Modus nur geladen und dient nur als Backup. Ich möchte die Verbraucher in der Reihenfolge Solar, Batterie, Versorger versorgen. Und ich möchte, dass der Überschuss eingespeist wird und die Batterie nur über Solar geladen wird. Ist das mit diesem Wechselrichter überhaupt möglich? Ich wäre Ihnen für Ihre Hilfe dankbar.

Hi sir,
I have an issue with the sorotec hybrid 3.5KW VM2.
Even if there s full sun. It doesnt give me full charging to the batteries (even if the load is very low)
But once the grid is on it gives me full charge from the solar not the grid.
Please help
whats your panel config, how many panels, Voc, wattage etc

Yes I can.

This should work :)

For DC battery, if you need more ampere, there are many different options.

Many options
do you also have any device that logs daily energy usage and stores same...so I can visit the location and review my daily energy usage for the past 1 month or 2

CT Limiting Function

Battery

Monitoring

i have 8X 450W panels. PV voltage ~160V. thank you
Sorotec nominal voltage is about 260v Voc.below this voltage, the inbuilt mppt charge controller will not kick in.
It appears u didnt read the manual at all?.

You needs to restring your array to give btw 250v and 430v Voc.
If the Voc of 1 panels is below 50v..u can line all of them in series

Sorotec nominal voltage is about 260v Voc.below this voltage, the inbuilt mppt charge controller will not kick in.
It appears u didnt read the manual at all?.

You needs to restring your array to give btw 250v and 430v Voc.
If the Voc of 1 panels is below 50v..u can line all of them in series
i am sorry it was a mistype.. i meant 360V . (attached)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 9.16.50 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 9.16.50 AM.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 25
Hallo, ich möchte den Wechselrichter an eine Dali BMS anschließen und kenne die Belegung des Can Bus nicht, kennt jemand die Belegung des RJ45 Can Ports?

Durch die Anbindung von Wechselrichtern im BMS erhoffe ich mir ein besseres Lademanagement

Back