diy solar

diy solar

SOROTEC REVO II Factory Password

SolarWorldLeb

Hello!
I installed a SOROTEC REVO II and trying to access the settings but it's asking me to provide a password knowing that i never put a password. Is there a way to do manual factory reset because i am not able to enter the setting to do it from there. Or at least is there a Factory Password that i should know? The password character should be 6 by the way.
Thank you for the help

Hello!
I installed a SOROTEC REVO II and trying to access the settings but it's asking me to provide a password knowing that i never put a password. Is there a way to do manual factory reset because i am not able to enter the setting to do it from there. Or at least is there a Factory Password that i should know? The password character should be 6 by the way.
Thank you for the help
password is in the manual. seems you didn't read it.
i think its 1157,

yeah it is 1155

Last edited:
Hello, first comment here on this forum.
I also installed Sorotec revo II. My question is, Are you using software to change the settings? What software you are using? My inverter have a usb cable on it and I contact my seller if there is a software with it. But they don't also know how to use that cable.

Hello, first comment here on this forum.
I also installed Sorotec revo II. My question is, Are you using software to change the settings? What software you are using? My inverter have a usb cable on it and I contact my seller if there is a software with it. But they don't also know how to use that cable.
Most user settings change can be done from the screen.

@ All, which wifi monitoring software are you using...solarman?. Am having issues setting mine up

Most user settings change can be done from the screen.

@ All, which wifi monitoring software are you using...solarman?. Am having issues setting mine up
I'm using SmartESS but I cannot change settings on it. I have solarman wifi dongle for my SunG gridtie, I try but it doesn't work.

Actually, i'm looking for a software hoping that I can change my cutoff voltage higher than 25v (max I can set from the screen). I want my inverter to change from Battery to AC mode at around 26v so that I still have backup power in case there is an outage/blackout.

My inverter is Sorotec Revo VM II 8K. I connected to it using SolarPower software downloaded from Sorotec website. When I tried changing settings, it asked for a password that must be at least 6 characters. I could not find the password in the inverter user manual. Any help on this?

My inverter is Sorotec Revo VM II 8K. I connected to it using SolarPower software downloaded from Sorotec website. When I tried changing settings, it asked for a password that must be at least 6 characters. I could not find the password in the inverter user manual. Any help on this?
Also please does anyone know how I can update the firmware for this inverter?

Also please does anyone know how I can update the firmware for this inverter?
The Sorotec has several different firmware's, on different components.

MPPT and display (Revo II) use J-Link device.
While the display was updatable with cheap China clones, the MPPT does need original (I got mine from Sorotec, not too crazy expensive, 50 bucks or so)
Trying to flash it with a clone will (temporarily) kill the MPPT, that is, untill you flash it with the good hardware :)

The firmware files for the Revo II and full documentation on how to flash, I've posted already a few times on this forum

Newer versions probably can be obtained by contacting Sorotec.
Email: ella@soroups.com
WeChat 13510865777

If you do obtain newer firmware, please do post it here on the forum!!!

Neither SORO nor EASUN support setting operational parameters over any input channel, except the front panel.

DORO at least is honest about it, but EASUN sends out serial protocol documentation that indicate they DO support it, but as mentioned before they DON'T.

Moreover EASUN competent technical support is basically none existing. They didn't even send a new parallel kit for their inverter after it broke down one week after installation. Also they pack their inverters with insufficient protection, such that 7 out of 10 inverters arrived with various transportation damages. Again no help to get from EASUN.

Please note there are several other suppliers of these inverters, so find another supplier is my recommendation.

By the way SORO doesn't offer any update for this either.

Luckily I have found a different supplier/ manufacturer that offers a high product quality and has a very professional customer support and use a proper MODBUS communication on both RS242 and RS485 serial communication that does support setting operational parameters of the inverter for proper Smart home usage

Best regards
Watch-Out

Last edited:
Sorotec is the manufacturer of Revo II, with a result that they are the source for information.

EASUN are boxmovers with hardly any knowledge, and as such, they can sell a bit cheaper then Sorotec.

It's a much used business setup that works often well.
Unless like EASUN you're making up specifications.

The inverters are "old", at least 3-4 years development old.

In that time lifepo4 replaced lead acid, and smart home control became a real thing..

Back then some general information about how much you produce, use, store and feed back was all that was needed.

Today...
People like to charge from the grid on schedule, and dump it to the grid at a later time.
Get actual information+ stats, and not a "ballpark" figure...

Ok, 3-4 years ago we liked that also, but it wasn't that important.

I'm absolutely sure there are better units out there today then the Revo II, possibly even in their price group.

Still, for what I paid for it, and looking at the options available on that day, I made a really good buy.

I never expected that the units will last 10-15 years.
And am happy if they last 5-7

2-4 years more to go :)
By then I can see what new developments are available.

@Watchout , obviously a name and link you your new found hybrids will be appreciated!!

Back