diy solar

diy solar

Source for Pure Sine Wave Inverter with 220v single phase output (European)

SeedFarmer

I am looking for a 2000 or 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter that has 220 volt single phase (European) output. I want a reliable unit, so I am looking for advice on a brand or perhaps just a good vendor that could point me in the correct direction. I'm new to solar and I'm looking for a solid vendor.

Here's one, a premium brand (and price)

Another well regarded brand. Looks like they offer 230V as well as 120V

There are lots of other brands at lower price points, including MPP, Deye,
I'm in the U.S., and my only experience is with SMA. The others I only read about.

Do you need to start motors? Unless the use variable frequency drive, could need 5x rated power for a second.

i think you would want an all in on unit, as it will.safe you lots of expensive wiring.

i think deye might be a bit to expensive, but maybe it's sister brand sunsynk may have programs available ( www.sunsynk.com)

if that is not the case, i suggest you look at voltronics/mpp-solar.

there is an italian voltronics dealer, they currently sell a 3 kw inverter for around 300 euro ( 350 usd), which can be stacked in the future for redundancy : https://www.solarpower24.it/prodott...f-grid-inverter-with-battery-charger/?lang=en

this should set them up good for a long time

I am looking for a 2000 or 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter that has 220 volt single phase (European) output. I want a reliable unit, so I am looking for advice on a brand or perhaps just a good vendor that could point me in the correct direction. I'm new to solar and I'm looking for a solid vendor.
I recommend you check out Victron. Most of their inverter product line is geared toward 230v 50Hz. You have many more Victron options than we do here in North America. Go here to find a dealer/installer local to you.

2000 or 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter that has 220 volt single phase (European) output.
What country are you base in and is the application for a static or mobile use?
What is the battery pack you will be using and what is the expected type of load on the inverter?
Do want the inverter to operate with shore power, mains supply, with automatic change over?

Mike

What country are you base in and is the application for a static or mobile use?
What is the battery pack you will be using and what is the expected type of load on the inverter?
Do want the inverter to operate with shore power, mains supply, with automatic change over?

Mike
I am in the US, but I travel to the Central African Republic to help out an orphanage/medical center there. There is a currently installed system in a couple of buildings. One building has two batteries, but they appear to be different types
Here's one, a premium brand (and price)

Another well regarded brand. Looks like they offer 230V as well as 120V

There are lots of other brands at lower price points, including MPP, Deye,
I'm in the U.S., and my only experience is with SMA. The others I only read about.

Do you need to start motors? Unless the use variable frequency drive, could need 5x rated power for a second.
The only thing we are trying to run off this system is a smaller refrigerator, so yes, one start motor. Are the lower price points fairly reliable? What solar retail vendor would you recommend?

Are the lower price points fairly reliable?
not really, a bit hit and miss as to reliably starting a 230v AC fridge. Since the Central African Republic was once a French colony I expect the system to be 220/230 volts 50 Hz with Schuko plugs and sockets.
I would recommend for an inverter only ( not an inverter charger) the Victron Phoenix range, 1200va,
or Votronic smi 1200,

Both there models have good overload capacity needed for compressor start up and low of load, standby, consumption.

Mike

not really, a bit hit and miss as to reliably starting a 230v AC fridge. Since the Central African Republic was once a French colony I expect the system to be 220/230 volts 50 Hz with Schuko plugs and sockets.
I would recommend for an inverter only ( not an inverter charger) the Victron Phoenix range, 1200va,
or Votronic smi 1200,

Both there models have good overload capacity needed for compressor start up and low of load, standby, consumption.

Mike
Thank you for the info. This is just what I was trying to find without major research. You are correct that 220/230 volts 50 Hz with Schuko plugs and sockets are the norm in that area. Thank you!

I personally also have good experiences with Ective ( https://www.autobatterienbilliger.de/Reine-Sinus-Wechselrichter )

However, for your applications (running 'somewhere' in Africa) I would personaly stick with Victron.

Yes, it's going to be more expensive, but I think in the end, reliability is more important than a $300 saving.
Also, Victron is 'commonly' used in Africa, so in case of issues it's more likely to get local support compared with some OEM stuff.

Edit: The https://www.victronenergy.com/inverter-charger-mppt/easysolar-ii-gx might be also a good options. More expensive but it includes a MPPT so you have a all-in-one unit which also allows direct connection with solar panels

Last edited:
or Votronic smi 1200,

Mike
Thank you for the leads!

Back