diy solar

diy solar

"SouthROL" (daly?) BMS Help?

Eaks77

Hello forum!

I've got a 8S/24V battery setup of 280AH LIFEPO4 cells.
I bought and installed a SouthROL BMS. To be honest, I thought I bought a Daly BMS, but didn't realize until after it showed up, it's actually a SouthROL. It looks to be very similar to the Daly.

The setup was/has been working well over the summer months, but now that we're getting into fall... my system is encountering issues. I have a solar array and a growatt 24V all-in-one system which is powering my shed office. This system is also connected to the grid as a utility backup/trickle charger (when needed) Last night (2am), I noticed that everything had turned off... As a result, I turned off the Growatt and turned off (opened) the connection between the battery and growatt (negative cable). I then reversed that process which brought the power back on. I think I also factory reset the BMS, but noticed all of the values were the same. About 30 minutes later, the same problem happened and I decided to troubleshoot the next morning.

Next morning = I did the same thing I had done previously that resolved the issue, but this time.... nothing is working. no power. I took a multimeter directly to the battery terminal = 24.7V. Then I checked the voltage of the battery using the BMS negative terminal, it was just under 1.6V. What's going on?

- Fairly confident it wasn't a low temp disconnect. It was 10^C
- As of now, i've removed the BMS and are just running the shed from the battery directly
- One thing I noticed about the BMS is that I was never able to successfully turn on the active balancing... an issue I was going to mention in another thread, prior to this.
- I don't live on location, so troubleshooting is difficult and limited.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your response/help!

Last edited:
Back