diy solar

diy solar

Specific grounding diagram

That would be nice, but you can’t test something that won’t turn on? The battery shut down after two seconds before I can take any readings.
When you bypass the CSL the multiplus caps are probably tripping the BMS in or more of the batteries.

Break all neutral earth bonds except at the entrance to the property /distribution box. You have multiple grounds bonds most likely in the invertor.

I already ran a positive and negative wire from the battery bank to the Inverter & no more low battery, it was green!
What was green?
I don't think we have ruled out the positive side of the circuit.

Break all neutral earth bonds except at the entrance to the property /distribution box. You have multiple grounds bonds most likely in the invertor.
I don’t think so, as I only have one ground going to the main panel.

I have a resistor, but I wouldn’t know how to use it on inverter caps, let alone find them?
All you have to do is put the resistor between the terminal and the lug until for a few seconds before you complete the circuit.
This charges the caps a little slower and avoids tripping one or more of your BMSs.
Pretty sure @Will Prowse and others have demonstrated this.

@JonL let me know when you are ready to do the tests.
Suggest you start with test that we expect to pass, meaning directly connecting inverter.negative->battery.negative.

@JonL let me know when you are ready to do the tests.
Suggest you start with test that we expect to pass, meaning directly connecting inverter.negative->battery.negative.
It doesn’t matter if I do the test with the CSL or without it, the inverter works!
This is what I did yesterday:
Changed out some wire, and all the fuses and the battery switch.
Somewhere along the positive line, there’s some kind of resistance. I’ve even replace some wire, and it makes no difference as the system shuts down.

It doesn’t matter if I do the test with the CSL or without it, the inverter works!
This is what I did yesterday:
Changed out some wire, and all the fuses and the battery switch.
Somewhere along the positive line, there’s some kind of resistance. I’ve even replace some wire, and it makes no difference as the system shuts down.
Ok so the issue is not between inverter.negative and battery.negative?

Ok so the issue is not between inverter.negative and battery.negative?
I measured the voltage through every possible way I can, and it’s fine all the way through except when I hook up the last fuse to the inverter! Only when everything is connected does it short Out!
I checked it on the battery, wires, going down to the fuse, to the battery switch to busbars and leading down to the fuse on the inverter. Everything and I mean everything reads just fine? ?

I measured the voltage through every possible way I can, and it’s fine all the way through except when I hook up the last fuse to the inverter! Only when everything is connected does it short Out!
I checked it on the battery, wires, going down to the fuse, to the battery switch to busbars and leading down to the fuse on the inverter. Everything and I mean everything reads just fine? ?
Was looking for a simple yes or no.

Back