diy solar

diy solar

SPF-12000T-DVM-MPV vs. EG4 6500 EX-48

Cduck28z

Whats up guys! Wanted to get the communities input about these two inverters. Both seem like very capable devices with pros and cons running American 240v Split Phase output. Obviously the biggest difference being a single inverter vs running two tandem inverters communicating together to make the magical 240v split. I see this as a big pro for the GroWatt because we all enjoy simplicity wherever possible. On the flip side however, you can expand the EG4 setup if ever your power consumption needs increase or you want to cover more of your house/shop. 12kW vs 13kW seems negligible to me but baby bonus point to EG4. One of the biggest Pros for the EG4 system is the massive 500v PV input, though at only 18a it may be a bit limiting for larger panels in series (who needs it though when you can just run them in parallel at that voltage!). Another added bonus for the EG4 is that each inverter has 2 MPPT inputs potentially doubling your solar input. With all this being said, the simplicity of the GroWatt is nothing to overlook; minimal wiring required to connect your battery bank to the unit and simple 240v input wiring means anyone with basic electrical skills should be able to hook this unit up. I'm personally torn between the two and would love your input!

read this BIG thread on the Growatt 12k

for its issues

Back