diy solar

diy solar

SPF 5000 ES vs low frequency

nadieselgirl

Hi, folks

I'm looking at the GroWatt 5000 ES. Question, what is the story between high and low frequency inverters? Is one more noisy to electronics then the other? What about heavier loads? Is one style better then another? What about running high current loads like a dryer? I've seen plenty of reviews of people running hot water heaters and dryers on them.

The Growatt really appeals to me due to the 450 volt input. A couple of these or similar on paper would solve my needs. Thoughts? Do I need a low frequency inverter for general 120v house use and then whatever for heavy appliances?

Thoughts? Do I need a low frequency inverter for general 120v house use and then whatever for heavy appliances?

Are your appliances 240v? You'll need a split phase inverter [pair] for 240v.

Low frequency inverters are generally more efficient, handle higher surge loads, and have a longer life span. For always-on environments (where the inverter is always on) low frequency is usually recommended.

I have some 240 volt appliances, or rather propane ones that I want to eventually replace. Adding the transformer is ok. It's the 450 volt input that really appeals to me as it would simplifiy wiring of my arrays. Seems hard or impossible to find a dedicated 450 volt charge controller. Sounds like I may want to try one of each.

I have some 240 volt appliances, or rather propane ones that I want to eventually replace. Adding the transformer is ok. It's the 450 volt input that really appeals to me as it would simplifiy wiring of my arrays. Seems hard or impossible to find a dedicated 450 volt charge controller. Sounds like I may want to try one of each.
No reason you can’t use both. Just don’t try using them in the same panel or each for a split phase plug. For that, the units must communicate and synchronize output for their phase differential.

Back