diy solar

diy solar

Split Phase LV6548 System - Generator Tie-In

If the inverters are configured for split phase, yes. I put a generator socket on my wall, to a box with a 2 pole breaker, then split L1 to one inverter and L2 to the other inverter. The breaker is for protection and also an easy way to turn the generator input off or on, if need be.
Can you sketch this out for me?

If the inverters are configured for split phase, yes. I put a generator socket on my wall, to a box with a 2 pole breaker, then split L1 to one inverter and L2 to the other inverter. The breaker is for protection and also an easy way to turn the generator input off or on, if need be.
This is exactly how I set my generator up.

The LV6548 has only one AC input so you will need a A/B switch between grid and generator.

It is important never to immediately switch inverter AC input between live grid feed and live generator feed as it can damage inverter due to random AC input source phasing. Make sure there is no AC input to inverter and inverter has released from its AC input connection before switching AC input source.

Just opening the input breaker connection to AC input may still require some time (seconds) before you hear the inverter's pass-through relay release the inverter's connection to AC input. The inverter's AC input indicator should show it has disconnected.

Attachments

• generator requirement.pdf
    578.1 KB · Views: 15
I wired my two EG4-6500's Ac inputs to my generator through a 60A breaker in my sub-panel and tested it yesterday. One leg to each inverter. At first, the inverters would not connect, I heard the relays switching on and off. So I thought it must be dirty power from the generator, it's not an inverter model but a quality new 12K new one. Then I took a small electric heater and plugged it into the generator turned it on to the low 1300-watt setting and the inverters immediately switched to A/c bypass and were charging the batteries at about 28Amps each.
So they switched to A/C bypass when charging with the generator and the generator was powering the loads not the inverter?

Back