diy solar

diy solar

SRNE (hf4835u80) stops charging when full

I have a few SRNE (hf4835u80) all in one inverters.
This is a very common Chinese inverter sold by many "manufactures".
I am using Li batteries (the bms is not tripping).
Once the battery charges to the absorb voltage value (well below BMS trip point), charging will not resume until the battery is significantly discharged.
It will not resume bulk charging or float.
I have tried different battery type settings and lower voltage values. I am knowlegable how to set these values for my battery.

Thanks in advance for your help!

What is your "Battery fully charged recovery point voltage" and the float voltage set at? While your at it your Boost voltage also.

Your manual does not list any settable voltage point where the battery can start to charge again after being fully charged. I expect it is hard set in the AIO firmware. If so probably nothing you can do about it unless an updated firmware is available that gives you that option.

Update: I can't find information or firmware to update it.
My boost voltage is set to 56.8v (3.7v cells)
My float it set to 56v
I have tried many alternate values
I have tried long and short absorbtion times
After it charges it will not resume charging all the way to low voltage cutoff

That sucks. I would not expect your charging voltage selections would affect the software program that tells the inverter when to begin charging again after being fully charged.

You might have to move up the date of upgrade for your AIO.

The srne website has the manual in full, you have more than 27 settings?

Battery recovery is setting 37

That manual that was uploaded was probably from the .ca seller based on the pages not being straight and neat and isn't complete

Attachments

• HFP48-145-User-Manuel.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 17
Any updates if the HF4835U80 has a parameter 37?
I just purchased one on Ebay, and it looks to be a unbranded SRNE.
That would be a shame, it's new but does not come with a manual, and I have not received it yet to verify.
If I search the model number I get the same manual as the OP lists.

It occurs to me that it may be possible to change parameter 37 in the SRNE software program if you can get it working on a computer with a usb cable to the inverter. It might be worth a shot. I can see it as one of the settings as pointed to in the following image. BTW to get your actual numbers you have to select; "Get all Parameter" button at the bottom. At that point you can change the parameter you want by first Inputing the password, administration. Change the value (since it shows as 12v you need to allow for your actual battery voltage. Such as if you want 25v you enter 12.5v)
Than use the "Write" button to set it.
SRNE monitor prg.jpg

Thanks Mattb4,
This password you speak of, do I need a default password to access and then change the password as needed?

As far as I know the default password is: administration. I have not tried to do any password changes and I only found the PW of: administration when I searched for my model back in August 2022. I have no recollection of where I found that though it seems to work when I input it when making a parameter change for the first time after starting up the software.

Incidentally for just one parameter you can also use the read button versus grabbing them all. I prefer to use the Get all so I can double check everything.

Thank you again. Hopefully all goes well with this, if not I am not out a lot of money.
After some reading here, and reading your review, I thought I would try a cheap no name clone. Seems there is only a few manufacturers and a lot of re-branding happening.

Any updates if the HF4835U80 has a parameter 37?
I just purchased one on Ebay, and it looks to be a unbranded SRNE.
That would be a shame, it's new but does not come with a manual, and I have not received it yet to verify.
If I search the model number I get the same manual as the OP lists.
Not certain which web I downloaded the manual I uploaded from. The resellers put whatever they want into the box I guess. Mine had factory test sheets from SRNE, warranty cards and a manual plus cable lugs.

Mine are 24v though

I have finally got my SRNE clone connected. Some initial observations, it only has up to parameter 28 on the menu screen.
It would not qualify my Yamaha EF 1000 generator, the output frequency varies only about 1hz? I connect my Honda EU 1000 inverter type and it will qualify that, output frequency is rock solid.
It does not seem to be able to charge with solar and generator nearly as good as my old Trace inverter/charger, more or less one or the other, not load sharing like the Trace.
It also seems to stop charging when it reaches full battery and does not restart till a lower voltage is reached, much like the OP's issue.
I only had about an hour to mess with it, some of the good things, it held 2600 watt output fairly descent.
The solar charge controller does not shut down with the power switch off.
More messing around with it this weekend to see if some program changes can resolve some of its shortcomings.
Measured idle current, 37 watts.
Do any of these AIO's work perfectly? I know I bought a real cheap one but just wanted to see if I liked this type of platform.

Confirmed, will only qualify with inverter generator, Yamaha swings between 59 and 60hz, while Honda is rock solid 59.9hz , that's disappointing.
Cannot get the generator to charge the batteries, it only bypassed to load, disappointing.
Going to try to connect to it with PC and see if I can change battery recovery setting so it can charge all the time with the generator, if not this thing is pretty much useless to me.
If that's the case my inverter search will continue.

Confirmed, will only qualify with inverter generator, Yamaha swings between 59 and 60hz, while Honda is rock solid 59.9hz , that's disappointing.
Cannot get the generator to charge the batteries, it only bypassed to load, disappointing.
Going to try to connect to it with PC and see if I can change battery recovery setting so it can charge all the time with the generator, if not this thing is pretty much useless to me.
If that's the case my inverter search will continue.
Not necessarily useless if the Yamaha generator works to power loads in AC bypass even if it will not charge. A separate battery charger can often be had for not much money. I use a small 3a one on a timer from my AC in side when several days of bad weather are happening. it runs from 10pm til 6am. This gives enough to keep in SBU mode versus having to switch to Uti.

It will not work in bypass, the inverter and generator do not sync to allow it to bypass?
I do have the Yamaha powering a separate battery charger as I am typing this.
The deal breaker for me is it wont charge the batteries even with the Honda.
I have not had the chance to allow the batteries to drop to the battery recovery point yet(52.8?)
Not even sure that is it as I cannot select it.
Being off grid, I need the batteries to charge and carry loads as much as possible like my separate components did.

No you will not get battery charging until you are below the recovery voltage. Did you try to see if the SRNE software monitor program would allow you to adjust that value?

Back