diy solar

diy solar

SRNE (hf4835u80) stops charging when full

Not yet, will try next weekend. If I can get that to work I can overlook the need for the inverter generator and it should be a keeper.
Never have too many generators. Can always use a bigger inverter type.

This will be a bit of an adventure for me as I am more of a trim pot, screwdriver, DVM guy!

No you will not get battery charging until you are below the recovery voltage. Did you try to see if the SRNE software monitor program would allow you to adjust that value?
I only had about 30 minutes today to mess with the software. I was able to get to the configure page and change the set point but I am unsure if it took.

If I read the parameters after writing the new set point it reverts back to the original setting. I must be doing something wrong.

Next opportunity I will try changing after a parameter I can change with the control panel and see if it stays changed after selecting read on the laptop.

Did you input password before attempting to "Write"?
Yes, I did use administrator as the password, not sure if that took either? Does the colon need to be used with the password? I did not try that.

I think I need more time to research, and more time to mess around with it. Do you get some type of prompt letting you know a setting has been changed after inputting a different value? I did not get that.

Maybe I can find a You Tube video showing the expected results, I am kind of a novice with this software stuff.

Thanks for your help Mattb4.

Yes, I did use administrator as the password, not sure if that took either? Does the colon need to be used with the password? I did not try that.

I think I need more time to research, and more time to mess around with it. Do you get some type of prompt letting you know a setting has been changed after inputting a different value? I did not get that.

Maybe I can find a You Tube video showing the expected results, I am kind of a novice with this software stuff.

Thanks for your help Mattb4.
The password I used is:
administration

No colons and not administrator unless that is a mistype on your part. I get no prompts after "write". I check it changed with another "Get all parameter" button push.

I got the SRNE software working! I was able to increase the battery recovery voltage to 56.8 volts! I can live with that. Also the max battery boost voltage is now maxed at 58.4 volts, I can make that work.

Looks like a new inverter generator is next on my list.
I am also going to buy another SRNE clone for a backup, they are that cheap.

Lastly, I would like to thank Mattb4 for helping me get this accomplished.

Back