Stackable 10% Off & Free Shipping on Sunfunkits.com for ready made.

Sunfunkits

Solar Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

We have a stackable 10% off site wide coupon: GOSFK
All orders over $999.00 ship free including kits

We have the prebuilt 260AH battery shipped for just $1,238.00!

Batteries built, assembled & tested in USA with 5 year warranty, Bluetooth Monitoring on Android & IOS*

* Available now on Google Android Play Store! Pending approval for Apple IOS Store.

https:/www.sunfunkits.com

Last edited:

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
Hi everyone,

We have a stackable 10% off site wide coupon: GOSFK
Now we also have a free shipping coupon: SFK260SHIP

Combined you can get our ready made battery shipped for $1325.00
Or a twin pack for: $2540.00
Or a Quad pack for: $4950.00

All with free shipping.

Batteries built, assembled & tested in USA with 5 year warranty, Bluetooth Monitoring on Android & IOS*

*pending approval for Apple App Store.

https:/www.sunfunkits.com

I sent you email, but you never replied to my question. Apparently don't want the sell? It was a pretty simple question, what size extender for people with 280AH EVE cells that have 25mm studs? That would mean they stick up approximately 20mm.

Sunfunkits

Solar Enthusiast
I sent you email, but you never replied to my question. Apparently don't want the sell? It was a pretty simple question, what size extender for people with 280AH EVE cells that have 25mm studs? That would mean they stick up approximately 20mm.
Hi,

you can send us an email: cs@sunfunkits.com, as for the spacer you can use the 20mm if you are using our BMS, if you are using a large bms like a DALY 200 you will need the 15mm spacer.

Thanks

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
Just as an FYI for everyone. I can't speak for their pre-built batteries, but I built one of their kits using my own BMS and EVE cells. For anyone wanting a 12v battery (or more, the BMS supports up to 4 in series) these are great. They are about the maximum size for you to pick up, and the design of the kit is well thought out and easy to assemble.

K8MEJ

Solar Addict
Just as an FYI for everyone. I can't speak for their pre-built batteries, but I built one of their kits using my own BMS and EVE cells. For anyone wanting a 12v battery (or more, the BMS supports up to 4 in series) these are great. They are about the maximum size for you to pick up, and the design of the kit is well thought out and easy to assemble.
Which BMS did you install in the SFK box? I have EVE 280N cells and Overkill 120A 4S BMS and I was wondering how well that would fit. I'm considering four boxes instead of my homemade plywood contraption. Thanks.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
Which BMS did you install in the SFK box? I have EVE 280N cells and Overkill 120A 4S BMS and I was wondering how well that would fit. I'm considering four boxes instead of my homemade plywood contraption. Thanks.
I already had the JBD 150 amp BMS he sells. The 120 should fit, he likely already has a mounting bracket for that one, you should contact him and ask. It is much nicer than a DIY box, I'm not exactly good at woodworking myself. I had already started looking for a circular saw, then how to get a sheet of plywood delivered, etc. The price is worth it to me, probably not for everyone, but it makes a nice finished product.

The BMS I used:

SFK can of course sell you a BMS, and I think Current Connected has some in stock as well.

I'm pretty sure SFK has a mounting plate for your current BMS, so ask first.

I know he plans to have a mounting bracket for the 200 amp BMS soon. I want that not because I want 200 amps, but because the cabling is easier. The battery really shouldn't be run above 0.5C anyway (140 amps).

New 200 amp BMS:

Last edited:

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
I have not purchased / used these but looking at the Videos & Site itself, it all certainly looks really well thought out and designed.
The Risers Plates are a marvelous solution for BMS mounting etc, that's really smart.
It is too bad that they don't have a 24V/8S format (Block style) kit.
I think they are onto something really good for the DIY crowd here.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
I have not purchased / used these but looking at the Videos & Site itself, it all certainly looks really well thought out and designed.
The Risers Plates are a marvelous solution for BMS mounting etc, that's really smart.
It is too bad that they don't have a 24V/8S format (Block style) kit.
I think they are onto something really good for the DIY crowd here.
Yes, I would be very interested in a similar kit for EVE 105AH cells as a 24v battery. That's about the limit of what I want to lift. :confused:

Steve_S

Offgrid Cabineer, N.E. Ontario, Canada
8x105's in-line = 11-3/4" long, 5-1/8" W, 7-7/8" to top of screw terminal.
4x280's in-line = 11-1/4" long, 6-7/8" W, 8-3/4"H with Studs, 8-1/4" H with screws

I think you could use that kit IF they provided the extra filler foam for along the side. The gotcha would be trying to fit an 8S/120A+ BMS in there. The JK 8S/150A is too big, that's for darn sure.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
8x105's in-line = 11-3/4" long, 5-1/8" W, 7-7/8" to top of screw terminal.
4x280's in-line = 11-1/4" long, 6-7/8" W, 8-3/4"H with Studs, 8-1/4" H with screws

I think you could use that kit IF they provided the extra filler foam for along the side. The gotcha would be trying to fit an 8S/120A+ BMS in there. The JK 8S/150A is too big, that's for darn sure.
I measured, the 8s 120 amp BMS is identical width and slightly shorter, it would fit easily in the existing plate. I have 3 more on order, when they arrive I'll try and see how hard it is to fit things in. The one I currently own is all put together now, and I'd hate to tear it apart when I have 3 more shipped today. The BMS bracket is a "press fit", and it is a very good (tight pain in the rear) fit. Since the width is identical, it should fit well enough on two sides rather than all 4. I'll let everyone know, these would make nice 24v battery kits even if only 100AH.

Thanks for the good idea, @Steve_S

Sunfunkits

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,

We have silicone wires now and anyone that purchased a kit that is having issues, please contact us we will send you a replacement set: